SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a decent amount of blue smoke upon acceleration sometimes. (My car also consumes oil, I do keep it full between changed). Is this just a symptom of burning / consuming oil? Sometimes it’s a pretty decent cloud hahah.

Any longevity issues? It started recently. Almost 180k miles.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well yes, blue/white smoke is an indication the engine is burning oil.

Long term it will coat the catalyst making it less effective at it's job, cause cat efficiency codes which, depending on which stae you live in, may result in smog inspection failures.

How Green are you?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yes, blue/white smoke is an indication the engine is burning oil.

Long term it will coat the catalyst making it less effective at it's job, cause cat efficiency codes which, depending on which stae you live in, may result in smog inspection failures.

How Green are you?
I live in CT! Just had the IPD downpipe installed too. Smokes a bit more now guessing because it’s less restricted. But yeah I do have a CEL. Have to sort that out before inspection.

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts
Can lead to valve problems too since you're pumping oil into the combustion chamber. And your spark plugs will be getting fouled up too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything’s new with the down pipe and it had plugs done recently so hopefully no problems for a decent amount of time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts