SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got a call from my dealership and was told that volvo has unilaterally cancelled all custom order XC60 T6 AWD cars due to lack of engines and will not be offering that engine anymore and I was offered the new T6 4cyl version. And this was for a car which was "in production". It apparently just disappeared from the system today when my rep was checking up on things.

Anyone else told/heard this?

·
Registered
420 Posts
There's been a number of threads about this across a number of sub-forums. The 6-cylinder T6 has been discontinued for all 2016 models (not just the XC60). Production of the T6 engine itself will end I believe in November with the remaining T6 engines reserved for the Polestar S60s and V60s. Out of curiosity what was the "4-cylinder T6" version being offered - FWD or AWD? We know the Drive-E T6 engine has been mated to the AWD and will be available late this year or early next year - in selected markets - in the S60 and V60 as MY16.5 models. This may also include the XC60.

Tony

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I believe it would be the AWD since it was one of the options I requested. If I accepted this, I'd get it in January. But I doubt that it could be polestar tuned, which was another "must" on the list.

Seriously disappointed.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Well, I don't know if this would work for you. But if your heart set on a 6cyl, may be you can search different states. Weaver bros in NC had a polestar XC60. I would think a dealer somewhere should have a XC60 that you may like. Your dealer may be able to do a swap. You may be able to do an inventory search on the Volvo web site. Good Luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My understanding regarding polestar is that it's basically an official "tune" and a badge (not to downplay it) and in theory any XC60T6 engine can get polestar performance, even if it didn't come with it from factory. Or am I missing some critical part here?

·
Registered
112 Posts
My understanding regarding polestar is that it's basically an official "tune" and a badge (not to downplay it) and in theory any XC60T6 engine can get polestar performance, even if it didn't come with it from factory. Or am I missing some critical part here?
You're correct. The R-design trim which has the polestar tune from the factory also has different suspension, facia, and interior.

The normal T6 can have the polestar tune installed at the dealer.

The OP you posted is talking about the T6 engine in general, which apparently is not being offered. No model other than the T6 uses the 6 cyl engine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, good :) Then maybe there is hope for a proper T6 still. My dealer is working on that as we speak, just wanted to make sure I knew what could be added afterwards

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Okay, good :) Then maybe there is hope for a proper T6 still. My dealer is working on that as we speak, just wanted to make sure I knew what could be added afterwards

Apologies for confusion:

The T6 is the only trim level that has the 6 Cyl engine. If you're saying that the 6 cyl engine is no longer being offered, that is cause for concern. It means you probably won't be able to get the 6 cyl engine at all unless you go for a used of "on the lot" vehicle.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's where I'm at. You cannot custom build t6 awd anymore. The dealer said that this was because of all oversea delivery orders. But regardless of why, the result is the same, all of their pending t6 awd orders were cancelled. Mine was scheduled for early December.

Would be interesting to see if I'm the only one or not.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
If you're not picky, you might can find a low mileage XC60 and have them put CPO on it to extend your warranty to 100,000 miles.

We saw a new owner just the other day find a platinum T5 with 2k miles on it get CPO on it. That's essentially a new XC60 with a 100,000 mile warranty.

Might be hard to find one with such low miles though.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
That's really unfortunate. Maybe you can still find a leftover '15.5 or a '16 that is unclaimed.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Bummer that your order was cancelled, but there are plenty T6 AWD engines out there on dealer lots. Dealers by me have plenty of them very loaded Platinum's or R-Design's. I would have your dealer try to find the exact one you spec'd out. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm glad both of my T6's have the I6. I don't know about 4 bangers. That's what kept me away from the XC90, among other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
I believe it would be the AWD since it was one of the options I requested. If I accepted this, I'd get it in January. But I doubt that it could be polestar tuned, which was another "must" on the list.

Seriously disappointed.
That's really unfortunate, but I don't think we will get the Drive-e AWD XC60 in one or even two years. Before the redesign of XC60, the only options out there is either 5cyl AWD or Drive-e FWD. The 6cyl T6 engine was built by Ford in England if I am not mistaken.
I really think maybe you can also check the T6 inventory on dealers' lots and ask Volvo for a decent discount.

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's really unfortunate, but I don't think we will get the Drive-e AWD XC60 in one or even two years. Before the redesign of XC60, the only options out there is either 5cyl AWD or Drive-e FWD. The 6cyl T6 engine was built by Ford in England if I am not mistaken.
I really think maybe you can also check the T6 inventory on dealers' lots and ask Volvo for a decent discount.
If Volvo wants to use the new 350HP focus RS engine in the new T6, that'll definitely be a treat.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If Volvo wants to use the new 350HP focus RS engine in the new T6, that'll definitely be a treat.
And how would Volvo do that? Volvo have nothing to do with Ford these days. Just as much chance of getting access to any Ford engine as they would getting access to BMW's (or anyone else's) engines.

Tony

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
And how would Volvo do that? Volvo have nothing to do with Ford these days. Just as much chance of getting access to any Ford engine as they would getting access to BMW's (or anyone else's) engines.

Tony
I think it was a tongue-in-cheek comment on the typical anti-Ford fervor that seems to be rampant in the general Volvo community, not necessarily a comment on nintendo1989's comments.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think it was a tongue-in-cheek comment on the typical anti-Ford fervor that seems to be rampant in the general Volvo community, not necessarily a comment on nintendo1989's comments.
This. Although I quoted Nintendo it was more of a mildly-sarcastic comment. Settle down Tony, it's just a discussion.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
That's really unfortunate. Maybe you can still find a leftover '15.5 or a '16 that is unclaimed.
Not necessarily; if he chooses to stay with the order, he will get the T6 Drive-E AWD which will offer him better acceleration and improved fuel economy over the outgoing T6 AWD.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts