SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum and would appreciate feedback from members that have had recent experience with XC60 leases in NY/NJ.
I am interested in a XC60 T5 Inscription with Advanced package and a few other options. 36/10K. MSRP $55,500, discounted to $49,000. Residual of 58%, MF 0,00061.
The sales person quoted me close to $2K inception fees (995 bank fee (!), first month, 400 or so motor vehicle).
He estimated upper 500s monthly payment. Seemed too much.
The Leasehackr web site says that the lease should be around 545 with 1000 in inception fees. Is that realistic?

Also, as I am new to Volvo, I would like to get opinions on the cars reliability, issues, etc.
Coming from Lexus and Acura, I am extremely spoiled with their excellent reliability and zero issues throughout many cars. Unfortunately I don’t like the new RX or NX and my wife does not want another RDX. Q5, MKC and X3 are out of the question.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don’t settle for less than 10% off msrp before rebates. Also make sure you are getting the base MF and consider using MSDs if possible. Also try pricing out a T6. The greater rebate could potentially offset the extra cost.

I did a 15k lease for 36 mo. $60,500 msrp. I’m at 550/mo including tax. Did max security deposits and a little over $2k out of pocket. Had to reach out to a few different dealers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I am new to the forum and would appreciate feedback from members that have had recent experience with XC60 leases in NY/NJ.
I am interested in a XC60 T5 Inscription with Advanced package and a few other options. 36/10K. MSRP $55,500, discounted to $49,000. Residual of 58%, MF 0,00061.
The sales person quoted me close to $2K inception fees (995 bank fee (!), first month, 400 or so motor vehicle).
The Leasehackr web site says that the lease should be around 545 with 1000 in inception fees. Is that realistic?

Also, as I am new to Volvo, I would like to get opinions on the cars reliability, issues, etc.
Coming from Lexus and Acura, I am extremely spoiled with their excellent reliability and zero issues throughout many cars. Unfortunately I don’t like the new RX or NX and my wife does not want another RDX. Q5, MKC and X3 are out of the question.
Thanks
I got around 13-14% off the MSPR. (The other dealer gave me 15% but it's too late) The best time to go shop is the end of the month when the dealers need some cars out of their lots. They can do an aggressive price. Since NY/NJ has plenty of Volvo dealers around. You have an option to shop around.

XC60 is a great choice! I also came from Q5.
The only problem from the Q5 is the engine oil burning problem and the rattle sunroof.

·
Registered
253 Posts

Thanks
I have always owned, not leased my Volvos so can not speak to the lease fees, etc. However, as regards reliability, I am driving my 7th Volvo, some of them well past 100k miles, & have never had a major repair, breakdown, or reliability issue. I do think finding a good dealer makes ownership/leasing more enjoyable & trouble-free.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The vehicle is stupid reliable considering other luxury brands that I am familiar with and have friends working for.

NEVER EVER put money down on a lease.... NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pay mid $500/month for my mostly loaded (no bowers or air suspension) T5 XC60 for 10k/year and 39months. Sticker price was around $51,000 but I get the employee discount...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

Thanks
Yeah, $550 is realistic. with $1000.
That's around what we're paying on the similar 2018 XC60.
Send me a PM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got around 13-14% off the MSPR. (The other dealer gave me 15% but it's too late) The best time to go shop is the end of the month when the dealers need some cars out of their lots. They can do an aggressive price. Since NY/NJ has plenty of Volvo dealers around. You have an option to shop around.

XC60 is a great choice! I also came from Q5.
The only problem from the Q5 is the engine oil burning problem and the rattle sunroof.

Looking at leasing a XC60 or XC90. Is the 13-14% off MSRP before incentives? Apparantly Volvo has a dealer incentive right now for $4000, so I'm wondering should I target that # before the $4000 is applied?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I used the Edmunds forum where you can request the specifics on money factor, residual value, and any incentives for your region and desired terms (duration/mileage). I'd recommend doing that prior to speaking with the dealer because fluffing the MF is an easy way to boost their margins. Having all the details will allow you to make sure their numbers match exactly with yours.

This made the negotiations easier for me because all I had to worry about was getting the price right. Of course some dealers are still going to make you go through the motions. Initially our local one was reluctant to come off more than $500. I held firm on wanting a "serious offer". I waited overnight, the salesman tried again, and I explained the price simply wasn't good. He said his "sales manager" assured him it was a competitive price. I had already contacted Internet sales for another dealer a couple hours away, and they gave me a much better offer. I explained I appreciated his help, but I would just drive there if they couldn't be competitive. The "sales manager" tried to call me right back after that, and I eventually got back to him. He gave me the same BS line about it being a good discount, but that evaporated once he realized there actually was a better offer.

I had to do the paperwork that evening because it was the end of that period, and the current incentives were expiring.

Bottom line: get as much information as you can. Doing your homework will allow you to go in there with a firm handle on what a "fair price" is. I wouldn't play cat & mouse with them about what you know. My preference is to select a fair target, and tell them exactly what I want. If they make the buying/leasing process a total pain, I'd take that as a strong indicator toward the relationship you can expect in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts