SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new 2012 XC60 today. When I got home, I noticed that the driver seat is not directly aligned with the steering wheel. I.e., the centeral position of the driver seat is about 0.5 in (1cm) to the right of the steering wheel center. So, it feel a little awkward during driving. The hands have to be a little left to the body.

Is it common on all XC 60? or just on mine?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I mean when driving, the driver is not exact behind the steering wheel. Instead, the driver is a little to the right of the steering wheel. Can any of you check your 2012 XC60?Thanks.

Just got my new 2012 XC60 today. When I got home, I noticed that the driver seat is not directly aligned with the steering wheel. I.e., the centeral position of the driver seat is about 0.5 in (1cm) to the right of the steering wheel center. So, it feel a little awkward during driving. The hands have to be a little left to the body.

Is it common on all XC 60? or just on mine?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I haven't measured it in my XC60, but I have certainly seen that in other cars. I had a Nissan Altima which had the same misalignment, so it's probably common in the car industry.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
If ours is not aligned, I must be used to it ;) . Drove 600 miles yesterday and didn't notice anything 'out of whack'. Maybe, that's because I'm out of whack! :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Column might not be perpendicular to side-to-side vehicle axis. I think mcuellar is right - I've seen it a few times myself in other cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts