SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to think my 2012 XC60 is a magnet for accidents but since I got it in Oct we've had someone run a red light and take out the entire passenger side and this morning I was rear ended by someone doing over 50 mph. He hit me so hard that his car was totaled and pushed me off the road into the median. Thanks to Volvo excellent safety features, I maintained control in the high grass and was able to come to a safe stop. No injuries in either accident and in fact other than a hard bump I didn't realize how hard I had been hit. My car was still drivable, just looks funny from the back. I had his battery acid all over the car which has spotted the paint but that will be fixed. Now, when people ask why I spend the extra money for a Volvo I have proof just how well they perform. I trust Volvo with my life.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay. I have to ask: you wouldn't happen to have pics of the damage caused by both accidents, would you?

·
Registered
56 Posts
"Now, when people ask why I spend the extra money for a Volvo I have proof just how well they perform. I trust Volvo with my life."

As I approach my 80's birthday, I look more and more into getting a Volvo due to the active safety features. I realize I am no longer the driver I used to be. Some of the present Volvo safety features that can help a driver avoid an accident will, without any doubt, become standard in the future. I just saw this news clip today:

NCAP Crash Tests Will Only Give 5-Star Scores To Vehicles With Autobrake Systems
By Derek Kreindler on June 13, 2012

Starting in 2014, cars will require an autobrake system, such as Volvo’s CitySafety technology, to achieve a five-star rating on the NCAP crash test.

Euro NCAP secretary general Michiel van Ratingen told AutoExpress that he expected all new cars sold in Europe to have such a system by 2017. Van Ratingen is hoping to halve the number of deaths resulting from auto accidents by 2020. Lane departure warning systems are also expected to be evaluated in the coming years – with the hopes that the new generation of safety systems will follow in the footsteps of stability control systems and become standard across the board. Hooray.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts