SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XC90 T8 R-Design (Passion Red), 2013 XC60 R-Design (Rebel Blue), 2007 V50 T5 AWD (Passion Red)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I need some expertise on XC60s around the 2013 range. For some reason I was under the impression that ALL rebel blue XC60s were Polestar versions. Now I am quationing that assumption. Does Rebel Blue indicate a Polestar vehicle? I noticed they typically don't have the Polestar "badge" on the tailgate. Are there any other ways to determine if a vehicle was a Polestar right from Volvo other than the badge?

Also, in most of my reading, seems like the R-Design has about the same specs as the R-Design with Polestar. the 325 HP / 350 ftlb seems the same betwwen the two? Does Polestar actually add more than suspension upgrades / transmission shift points?

Thanks for any information you guys can provide!

- Chris

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hi Chris,

There is no difference between a 2013 R-Design XC60 and a 2013 R-Design XC60 with the polestar badge on the trunk.

The Polestar badge only indicates the polestar chip/software has been installed. This is installed from the factory on all 2013 XC60 R-designs, and is available as a dealer option for non-rdesign T6 models.

it seems for r-designs, that some dealers installed the badge and some did not, so it's hit or miss.

All Passion Red or Rebel Blue 2013 XC60's are of the "r-design" variety and have the polestar software regardless of whether the badge is on the trunk lid.

·
Registered
2017 XC90 T8 R-Design (Passion Red), 2013 XC60 R-Design (Rebel Blue), 2007 V50 T5 AWD (Passion Red)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NorthwestMoose - you have blown my mind. But I guess that *does* make sense, seeing what I've read around the internet. Seems like the media may have had the same confusion I had when the car came out, as a bunch of reviews, videos, etc all say different things. Seems funny that a dealer would just choose not to put on the badge, but we all know dealers can sometimes not be relied upon to think too clearly :).

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
745 Posts
NorthwestMoose - you have blown my mind. But I guess that *does* make sense, seeing what I've read around the internet. Seems like the media may have had the same confusion I had when the car came out, as a bunch of reviews, videos, etc all say different things. Seems funny that a dealer would just choose not to put on the badge, but we all know dealers can sometimes not be relied upon to think too clearly :).

Thanks for the info!
I think it depends on when the vehicle was sold. I could be wrong but I thought Volvo dealerships only started using the Polestar badges in the 2013 calendar year vs 2012 when you could have purchased a 2013MY (as in the actual year).

There is a 2013 Rebel Blue R-Design XC60 in my area that does not have the Polestar badge.

Here's a link to a thread that shows a 2013 Rebel Blue XC60 without the polestar badge. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?225498-Pictures-2013-Rebel-Blue-XC60-R-Design-with-18-inch-Pegs

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I think it depends on when the vehicle was sold. I could be wrong but I thought Volvo dealerships only started using the Polestar badges in the 2013 calendar year vs 2012 when you could have purchased a 2013MY (as in the actual year).

There is a 2013 Rebel Blue R-Design XC60 in my area that does not have the Polestar badge.

Here's a link to a thread that shows a 2013 Rebel Blue XC60 without the polestar badge. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?225498-Pictures-2013-Rebel-Blue-XC60-R-Design-with-18-inch-Pegs
When you registered your car with Polestar they sent you the badge to put on your car. Not everyone did this. Full P* models have the larger P* badge.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
The badges were not at the dealer, they needed to be ordered from Polestar and in the beginning this could take a few weeks.
I think now a dealer may carry them in stock

·
Registered
848 Posts
the above is US specific though, for the record. What was/was not done in other markets I have no idea.

Also, in the US at least, 2013 was the last year for Rebel Blue on an XC60, so if you find one, it may be worth a look as they're fairly sought after amongst enthusiasts.

·
Registered
745 Posts
When you registered your car with Polestar they sent you the badge to put on your car. Not everyone did this. Full P* models have the larger P* badge.
Ahh that's not how it worked up here in Canada at least at my local dealership. The dealerships themselves were putting the badges on in 2013. Guessing the early guys didn't bother registering.

Was there ever a P* XC60? I know the P* S/V60's have he larger badge on the rear + a front facing badge.

When we purchased our XC60 last September we had the tune applied and the dealer put the P* badge on. We received a second badge in our welcome package.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Ahh that's not how it worked up here in Canada at least at my local dealership. The dealerships themselves were putting the badges on in 2013. Guessing the early guys didn't bother registering.

Was there ever a P* XC60? I know the P* S/V60's have he larger badge on the rear + a front facing badge.

When we purchased our XC60 last September we had the tune applied and the dealer put the P* badge on. We received a second badge in our welcome package.
They created an XC60 P* but I don't think any made it into customer's hands.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
How many rebel blue XC60 2013 sold in usa?

Just joined the club. I sold my v70 and hauled my xc60 2013 rebel blue to MI from TX :). 2 weeks ago I did not even know they existed, seen this color only seldomly on c30 and s60 and is a head turner. Anyway as this is such a great but rare color how many were sold in the US? Anyone any idea?
Few more small questions if you happen to have observed or can comment on:
-These small little brushed nickel strips at the rear door window have very sharp edges almost cut my fingers open at them.
-The driver door when locked I need to pull the door opener latch 2 times, is that a software bug or just a safety concern.
Thanks for reading responding.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just joined the club. I sold my v70 and hauled my xc60 2013 rebel blue to MI from TX :). 2 weeks ago I did not even know they existed, seen this color only seldomly on c30 and s60 and is a head turner. Anyway as this is such a great but rare color how many were sold in the US? Anyone any idea?
Few more small questions if you happen to have observed or can comment on:
-These small little brushed nickel strips at the rear door window have very sharp edges almost cut my fingers open at them.
-The driver door when locked I need to pull the door opener latch 2 times, is that a software bug or just a safety concern.
Thanks for reading responding.
I haven't seen anything that has mentioned how many rebel blue XC60's made it to the US or Canada but it is definitely a rare colour for the XC60.

Can't comment on the nickel trim.

Pulling a door handle twice from inside is pretty common on most vehicles now that have the auto-lock feature. One pull unlocks, second opens the door. Alternatively you can always hit unlock on the door and then one pull.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
MY13 was the only year Volvo had the XC60 available in rebel blue, and only in R-Design trim in N. America. MY13 was also the first year that any production Volvo was available with rebel blue. Besides the XC60, S60 and C30 R-Designs, the Limited Edition Polestar C30 was available in rebel blue in MY13 (also V60 and V70 outside of N. America). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the LE Polestar C30 painted in a brighter shade of blue, perhaps the racing program cyan blue (the brighter blue on the Polestar badge)? The production Polestar S60's and V60's with their rebel blue paint option did not hit the market until MY15. When I see a rebel blue Volvo, I think R-Design. ;)

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Right to left, the MY13 C30 Limited Edition Polestar in Cyan or Riviera Blue or maybe just Polestar Blue?, next to the MY13 S60 R-Design in Rebel Blue. As you can see, the Rebel Blue is a darker hue.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
That picture is the concept C30 that they never built. The 2013 C30 LE was Rebel Blue, I considered one when it came out and saw it in person. It was indeed Rebel Blue (only 250 produced).

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Right to left, the MY13 C30 Limited Edition Polestar in Cyan or Riviera Blue or maybe just Polestar Blue?, next to the MY13 S60 R-Design in Rebel Blue. As you can see, the Rebel Blue is a darker hue.

The PCP is Ford Grabber Blue

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
That picture is the concept C30 that they never built. The 2013 C30 LE was Rebel Blue, I considered one when it came out and saw it in person. It was indeed Rebel Blue (only 250 produced).

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Gotcha, thanks! I know we've had this discussion of few times on here, but Volvo should have spent the few extra bucks and painted all the P* cars in the brighter Polestar/Cyan blue. Easy for me to say not knowing the added expense to have that separate but similar hue in production.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
The PCP is Ford Grabber Blue

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Hmm, interesting! So you know this for a fact, officially? It certainly is very close to the Grabber Blue, which a basically a Cyan Blue (see Polestar racing team's new name), on the blue scale. Btw, Rebel Blue is very similar to Sky Blue IMO.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts