SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed my OSD XC60 down to a T6 with Premier +, Blind Side and Cold weather package.

Debating the following and trying to understand:

1. Do you need #830 the upgrade radio with LCD in order to have #790 Park assist camera?
I have gotten used to my wifes back up camera in the Rear View mirror on her Cadillac. That is not an option under Volvo is it?

2. Does the STYLP2 option include the Steel Grill (DC)? Does anyone think the STYLP2 option is worth almost $1400?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'll answer #1, you can get the rear camera as a standalone option (code 790) via the OSD custom order on the T6 Premier Plus, you don't have to upgrade the audio system, the car will already have the prerequisite Sensus system screen.. For someone not getting their XC60 through OSD, the Volvo rear camera can be added to a Premier Plus T6 for nearly $1300 as a dealer installed accessory.
Jeff

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I have narrowed my OSD XC60 down to a T6 with Premier +, Blind Side and Cold weather package.

Debating the following and trying to understand:

2. Does the STYLP2 option include the Steel Grill (DC)? Does anyone think the STYLP2 option is worth almost $1400?

Thanks

Steve
And I will answer # 2.

No, it does not. Here's what's included in the package -

OFFER CONTENTS AND "ORDINARY" ORDER CODES:
Bumper Bars – Front bumper (UP), Skidplate Rear (SKIDR), Side Scuff Plate
(UX), Mudflaps Front (NA)

·
Registered
62 Posts
The dealer quoted me $700 to add the rear camera on my Premier Plus.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The dealer quoted me $700 to add the rear camera on my Premier Plus.
Frank, wow, spectacular offer, sounds almost too good to be true, like they forgot to include about 5 hours of labor for the installation...
Jeff

·
Registered
134 Posts
And I will answer # 2.

No, it does not. Here's what's included in the package -

OFFER CONTENTS AND "ORDINARY" ORDER CODES:
Bumper Bars – Front bumper (UP), Skidplate Rear (SKIDR), Side Scuff Plate
(UX), Mudflaps Front (NA)
We got a style package installed at the factory that included the front grill, side scuff plates, rear skid plates, mudflaps. It was, I believe around $1400. With the special all weather mats, our total that day was just above $1500 US. The beauty of getting it as an add on at the factory: they didn't charge labor fees.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Frank, wow, spectacular offer, sounds almost too good to be true, like they forgot to include about 5 hours of labor for the installation...
Jeff
Not really in the grand scheme of things. With the Premier + the NAV add was $1895 (which I had them do) and an additional ~$700 for the rear camera (not the front blind view) that I did not do - so those two options cost more than the upgrade to the Platinum trim and I miss out on the upgraded stereo. Genius marketing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not really in the grand scheme of things. With the Premier + the NAV add was $1895 (which I had them do) and an additional ~$700 for the rear camera (not the front blind view) that I did not do - so those two options cost more than the upgrade to the Platinum trim and I miss out on the upgraded stereo. Genius marketing.
The way they price individual options is exactly the reason we went with Premier +. I really only cared for parking sensors in that trim level, but dealer quoted almost $1300 for those alone. Getting Premier + with everything in it, wasn't much more.
Rear camera was priced at around $1300 too. That is one option that was on MUST have list, as we are used to it on current GX470. I wish i could have it ordered from the factory, instead of dealer installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts