SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently purchased a new XC60, took delivery of it in Sweden, drove 1,100 miles, and received it in the US two weeks ago. I absolutely love the car, but have one question. When I start the car and begin to move forward I hear the brake release sound then feel a metalic twang/thud come up through the gas pedal. It happens everytime, and has become quite annoying. I took the car to the dealer and was told the sound was normal, but didn't get a definitive answer regarding the feel in the gas pedal. Does anyone else with and XC60 have this problem? I don't know whether to accept the dealer's answer or persue the issue. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
My 2011 S60 does this. It is a self test of the braking system. It has been discussed on other forums
and described as feeling like a large guitar string was struck. It is normal. Type this into google
to find more (if you want to hunt around a bit):

string xc60 brake site:swedespeed.com

Found this where someone also mentions that gas pedal feeling (perhaps caused if the parking brake
is left on when you start moving and it automatically disengages the parking brake for you):

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?154103-Very-happy-with-my-new-XC60-*non*-R-Design

1 - 2 of 2 Posts