SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am ready to purchase a 2013 XC60 front-wheel drive. Looking at the older models, there seems to have been an issue with "City Sense", where the car stops for no reason. Anybody out there with a 2013 with similar issues? From what I can tell, an XC60 seems to be a much safer, sensible automobile out there. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi All

I am ready to purchase a 2013 XC60 front-wheel drive. Looking at the older models, there seems to have been an issue with "City Sense", where the car stops for no reason. Anybody out there with a 2013 with similar issues? From what I can tell, an XC60 seems to be a much safer, sensible automobile out there. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
My '12 XC60 has been trouble-free on the City Safety front...only glitches I've had were with Sensus/infotainment when I took delivery back in mid-'11, and many of those glitches were cleared up when I got the Sensus 3.0 update a couple months ago.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Mark your killing me lol.....my "City Sence" is fine as well :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Been driving XC60, S60, S80, and XC70 with City Sense since 2009, and not a single misfire.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
As you mentioned, there are cases that folks have reported in which the auto-brake was engaged for no apparent reason. I experienced that one time with the XC60 dropping a good 40mph in short order. I don't drink coffee; but, if I did, it would have ALL ended up on the dash during my 'panic stop'. ;)

That was only one incident in 3.3 years and 56K miles; but it was enough for me to question the efficacy of the system. On the other hand, I haven't slammed into the back of a vehicle(one 'love tap' that City Safe wouldn't have prevented MANY years ago) in 4 decades of driving. Only once did the City Safe have a 'chance' to help and we're not sure if it was MY reaction(foot was definitely ON the brake) or City Safe that stopped the XC when a bozo pulled across our path).

I developed a bit of an affinity for the adaptive cruise feature(although I VERY seldom use cruise at all) and the 'you're too close for comfort' warning might be of benefit to some, but auto-brake is something I don't think I'll miss. Had I not experienced the 'panic stop for no reason' incident, I would likely think the auto-brake was a great feature. As it is, I won't miss it in our C70 or RDX, most likely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts