SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really like the steering wheel of the xc40 r-design and was wondering if anyone knows if it will fit in the S/V60. I know they can be purchased from the dealer here in Canada because I found links and pricing online with a quick Google search. I cant find any detailed schematics for the wiring though.

I assume the physical fitment will be okay (fingers crossed), but it's the electrical which is a bigger questions mark. Does the S/V60 have steering wheel have functions that the XC40 doesn't?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Checking Google That wheel looks the same as the s60 r-design wheel. Slight trim difference, the button finish is flat rather than piano black and it has a perforated section.

I'd imagine it fits. Or maybe the s60 wheel is a better fit or safer bet for a swap. That might even be available as an accessory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Made a photoshop of the XC40 RD steering wheel inside the S60 RD. The steering wheel is the biggest weakness of the 60 & 90 series interior in my opinion. What does everyone else think?

Modded:

Original:

·
Registered
984 Posts
I can't figure what you are getting at...the 2 steering wheels look pretty much the same. I don't see any functional difference. Now that you made that photoshop though, and I can see the comparison, it looks like in addition to the bottom spoke being different the airbag hub is significantly "taller" on the XC40 steering wheel. Would probably not want to get into figuring how those swap. The S60 steering wheel looks better to me with the lower profile hub anyways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree the differences are very subtle, but to me it looks a bit sportier and I prefer the more squarish airbag.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
The Airbag shapes are different, so I doubt the XC40 steering wheel will bolt up perfectly with the XC60 airbag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts