SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad to see people are finally getting updates. Just curious, are you hearing this from Volvo USA or your Dealer? I still haven't heard a word from my dealership... but Volvo USA has done a good job of keeping me up to date.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same here, end of March early April from the Baltimore port!
Same here from Volvo:
I am very happy to report that the XC40 Recharges being held at the port have been scheduled to be released by late March, and delivery is expected to be around the end of March or early April. Your dealer will contact you when the vehicle has been delivered to them so they may schedule delivery to you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Glad to see people are finally getting updates. Just curious, are you hearing this from Volvo USA or your Dealer? I still haven't heard a word from my dealership... but Volvo USA has done a good job of keeping me up to date.
Contact your dealer asking for their Volvo Brand Sales Manager or Volvo Brand Ambassador. They do know about you and should be able to set expectations. This program runs through their business and they want to move units!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just heard today that my Recharge is being loaded onto a truck in Baltimore. So it looks like things are starting to move.
March 25. That’s funny because my dealer just called to say that it will be another 3 weeks before we get our Recharge from Baltimore. He said now the heat pump is not working properly, and that it needs to be reprogrammed. Geesh. Meanwhile our trade in is depreciating...

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
March 25. That’s funny because my dealer just called to say that it will be another 3 weeks before we get our Recharge from Baltimore. He said now the heat pump is not working properly, and that it needs to be reprogrammed. Geesh. Meanwhile our trade in is depreciating...
Just work with your dealer on this.....Likely they would put you in a loaner and take your trade in now, or offer you the same value on your trade despite a few more miles. Either way, it's probably a good thing that Volvo delays your car to make sure you get the highest quality product. I've had my own ordered Volvo delayed before, so I understand the disappointment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just heard today that my Recharge is being loaded onto a truck in Baltimore. So it looks like things are starting to move.
Mine has been released, too (Port of Tacoma). Here's the message from my dealer:
"I just pulled the Volvo report and it shows COFT! (Called Out For Trucking).
Normally after I see COFT status, its 2-5 business days before I see it here on the lot.
I will update you when it hits the next status, which is ITTD. (In Transit To Dealer)"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all. Quick update. Looks like I am taking delivery here outside Philadelphia today — will let you know in a few hours. I had been dealing exclusively with Volvo USA but got a call from the dealer yesterday that it had arrived. He did say I was lucky and that others still had holds on them but he didn’t share details. And I honestly don’t remember right now if we ordered the heat pump or not so I’m not sure if that‘s an issue or not.

Got this pic from the dealer. Very excited now....

20301457-198A-45EE-8AB7-3446DD643431.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
So it actually happened. I took delivery from the dealer today and it’s really fun to drive, although getting all the settings dialed in may take awhile because there’s menus and menus of them.

Smiling, I did order the heat pump and I asked whether that was holding up other deliveries. The short answer is yes. He said there is a software upgrade coming to the heat pump. Apparently, he has another client who is being told 3 weeks until that is resolved. For some reason, I was allowed to take delivery with this issue but others aren’t and he didn’t have a clear idea why.

Also, the Volvo on Call system that connects the car to your mobile phone has not been released yet and may not be for a few months. So I guess all the waiting for the last 4 weeks was to get the car to run cleanly without it.

Bottom line, though, the car is a blast to drive. Feels like a go cart on steroids. It’s so quiet, you’re doing 70 down the street without even knowing it.

Do people have opinions on whether to get the extended warranty? We got the hard sell on that and the wheels insurance. We opted to get the wheels but not the extended warranty. Having driven around Philadelphia most of my life, I am fairly confident we will make money on the wheels warranty but never know about those extended warranties.

Hoping everyone here gets their xc40 soon.... it was worth the wait.

FF177D4B-02C7-464C-90E7-A1CDA43ACF60.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Below fom Volvo after inquiring about heat pump issues... Our car has been at the Baltimore port since Feb 11th.
I am afraid that is correct. I have not yet been informed as to when the work will be performed and the vehicles released from the ports. My managers and I are waiting for more information from headquarters in Sweden about when we can expect this to happen. I will follow up with you as soon as I find out anything else. I'm very sorry about this. I know you and many other customers have been waiting patiently for your Recharges, and I deeply regret having to give you more bad news. I am hoping to have good news for you very soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
⚡UPDATED⚡ THIS WAS AN ERROR IN COMMUNICATION it's not a HW replacement -> Not so fast. Anyone who ordered their Recharge with the heat pump is subject to continued delay until replacement hardware is dispatched into the field and installed in the units already shipped. This could take quite sometime...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not so fast. Anyone who ordered their Recharge with the heat pump is subject to continued delay until replacement hardware is dispatched into the field and installed in the units already shipped. This could take quite sometime...
Where are you hearing that the heat pump issue requires a replacement part? In other forums people seem to believe that it will be resolved with a software update.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was also allowed to take delivery of my heat-pump equipped US XC40 yesterday. Seems different dealers are approaching this differently. Same as those who sold their demo cars when they really weren’t supposed to, I suppose. Otherwise, great car so far!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Where are you hearing that the heat pump issue requires a replacement part? In other forums people seem to believe that it will be resolved with a software update.
The replacement notice was a communicated from Volvo. The dealer was also surprised it was not a software update.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The replacement notice was a communicated from Volvo. The dealer was also surprised it was not a software update.
On another forum someone posted the letter from Volvo to dealers on March 28 which indicates it's a software fix (image below). Do you mean there has been a more recent update?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
On another forum someone posted the letter from Volvo to dealers on March 28 which indicates it's a software fix (image below). Do you mean there has been a more recent update?

View attachment 122201
That's a lot more information than I received. Certainly a different message. I would choose this solution!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
:oops: I rechecked this information. The alleged replacement notice for XC40 Recharge heat pump was in error. I am relieved to hear we're back to tracking a firmware update. :oops:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
It’s too quiet here. Where is the firmware update for the heat pump allowing for delivery of all these Recharge units?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts