SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting (and waiting) to hear about the release date of the PHEV XC40 in the US about which much has been speculated. Last I read (god knows where, at this point), it may be that the first PHEV model to come will be the FWD. I have lived all of my life in the snowy Northeast, and tend to be a believer that good snow tires on any car will trump AWD with all season tires unless you are stuck in a snowbank, but I also believe that some cars are just fundamentally better in the snow than others. Anyone out there with a FWD XC40 who has feedback on how it runs in the snow? Do you have snow tires? Any AWD owners impressed/unimpressed with handling in the snow? Not sure I'll be patient enough to wait to see if an AWD PHEV eventually comes out, but I wouldn't mind having the reassurance of AWD if it should happen to be available. Would just like to know what I'm (potentially) getting into!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Might be better off picking up an XC60 PHEV. Will Polestar 2 have an eAWD available first?

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
XC40 PHEV will never get AWD on its current chassis for cost reason. XC40 EV maybe, as it could be easily made to RWD or AWD, depends on how many motors they want to put on it. For example, Polestar2 EV performance version on same platform is AWD I think.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts