SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stumbled on this, its a few weeks old...

Indicates the Ford (i.e. Escape) platform won't be used/usable (why?), and SPA won't work either. So, back to square one for a small crossover?

"This leaves the company in a bind as the small crossover segment is booming with entries such as the Audi Q3 and BMW X1." Uh oh.

Perhaps V40XC was just a quick fix to come up with something when XC30/40 crashed?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11211025...layed---report

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think the V40 Cross Country is the XC40. Why would Volvo develop 2 sub compact off roaders considering they don't even have other replacements in dire need? I think there is some major confusion and a need for a reality check. Is it me not getting this?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The V40 Cross Country is set to compete against the X1/Q3. The X1 already looks very wagon-ish since it's nowhere near as tall as the X3 so it seems fitting. Seeing as Volvo has killed off the C30 there's no point to an XC30.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
I think the V40 Cross Country is the XC40. Why would Volvo develop 2 sub compact off roaders considering they don't even have other replacements in dire need? I think there is some major confusion and a need for a reality check. Is it me not getting this?
There was an article somewhere were Lex Kerssemakers said that an XC40 is "Sky high" on "his" wish list. A smaller than V40 model is not.

The XC40 compared to a V40CC should be seen similar as the XC60 compared to a V60. Offroad capability isn't top priority.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I find that any development from Volvo beyond the speculated XC90 and refreshed S80 and S60 to be a mystery to me. I Don't see that a comparison between the XC40 to V40CC and the V60 to XC60 makes a lot of sense either. My ide is that a V60CC is just as redundant as an XC40 right about now. Volvo should focus their efforts more on creating coupes and convertibles. The market right now has the Q3 which is a legit compact SUV, but it is different than the upcoming MB GLA and the BMW X1....the V40CC is more in line with these cars so why does Volvo feel the need????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts