SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just picked up our 01 XC and made the 30 minute drive home. Here are some good/bad observations:
1. I can notice the increased ride hieght over our 99XC.
2. Seats are softer and more padded.
3. Car had better pick-up and acceleration off the line.
4. Sunroof makes a lot of noise (possibly due to the lack of the air dam).
5. I still am not thrilled with the brown/blue body trim choice. I just know I will see black trim in six months.

Well after 30 minutes, I still love the car! I am jealous that my wife gets to toll around in that and I have to drive an F350 PS all day. When I get in the XC on a Friday night its like taking off ski boots and putting on fur lined slippers.

Dan

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Brown/Blue body trim? I don't think that I have ever seen this before. Is your new V70 XC blue with brown body trim?
Do the Nautic Blue XC's come with brown trim? Does your car look like this? In the two pictures below you can see the difference between black body trim and brown body trim.

Nautic Blue Metallic

Ash Gold Metallic

Java Metallic

-Drew

[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 02-22-2001).]

·
Registered
339 Posts
there is no black body trim - only brown (umber) and blue.
Here is the breakdown by Exterior/Trim:

Blue/Blue
Black/Brown
White/Brown
Silver/Blue
Ash gold/Brown

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by darell:
Drew -

Man, it looks cold where you are....brrr.

-d
Darell,

It does look cold! Actually, those pictures were taken in St. Paul, MN. I live in Little Rock, AR.

mjbr24,

Thanks for the correction! That blue trim looks black for some reason.
Does Venetian Red come with brown trim also?

I assume that Polar Artic blue comes with blue trim.

-Drew

[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 02-22-2001).]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our XC is ash gold with umber 9who are they kidding, its brown). This trim looks good with gold, venitian red, and java brown. It looks OK with white, I really did not like it with black. The slate(blue)trim looks good with the nautic blue, and the polar arctic. It looks OK with silver, and our dealer had just received a new color (light metalic green from the S60) with blue trim - it looked like a clown car (in my op.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think Volvo has changed things since the 2001 CX first came out.

I was at my dealership today, and they had a row of XC in different colors. I think all of them had black cladding. I don't know what other changes they have made in the cladding, but these really looked good.

·
Registered
339 Posts
sorry for leaving some out. Here is the lineup of colors, Exterior/Trim:

Blue/Blue
Black/Brown
White/Brown
Silver/Blue
Ash gold/Brown
Polar Arctic/Blue
Java/Brown (tootsie roll-unwrapped)
Ven. Red/Brown (tootsie roll-wrapped)

I don't see anything in my brochure about a new green color - that must be new.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
That blue trim sure does look black in the pictures! I guess I have never seen those colors at my dealer for XC's that would have blue trim. Maybe they have changed some things for the XC in 2001?

-Drew

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree, I don't think there were ever any other trim color other than brown and blue. These colors appear to be much darker in photos. Once you get up close you can tell, especially on a black XC with brown trim- yuck! I was discussing the trim color situation with my dealer and he told me that some of the latests all-roads to arive are coming through with odd colored trim - definately a euro thing.

Dan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello -

Is anyone out there??

Please read my post above...I think the reaction to the original color schemes was so, how shall we say it, Blah!! that they have gone into a quick reshuffle, and most of the cladding is now black.

Don't go by the brochure, or what you saw before; is there anyone out there that can confirm what I am saying about the latest XC's now coming to dealer's lots?

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Roger Eastman:

Is anyone out there??
Wow, I think that this topic is turning into a black vs. blue vs. brown thing.
Okay, if there is anyone who can confirm the trim colors for the latest 01' XC's arriving at the dealer, speak up! I might have to go to my dealer today and check for myself! Hehehe! It sounds like someone here might win a "bet" pretty soon!

Okay folks, below is a Metallic Black 2001 V70 XC. Just to add fuel to the fire, I think that car would look bad in real life with brown trim. It looks really good in the picture because the trim looks black.

-Drew

·
Registered
339 Posts
i have very good access to info (every once in a awhile). I did check before i foolishly put that "bet" out there. There currently is no black, never was any black, and I can tell you that MY '01 ends in October, so there won't be any black cladding on a 2001 XC. If my source is wrong i'm going to beat him with a brown bumper and apologize to everyone, but i'm pretty sure on this.

[This message has been edited by mjbr24 (edited 02-23-2001).]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, bring out the baked crow. Make mine a double order. Did I ever get a wrong number!! I was wrong on 2 counts:

1. When I was at the Volvo dealer yesterday, it was overcast & raining lightly. In that light, I would have sworn that all those new XC had black trim. Today dawned bright & sunny. I went back to the dealer to verify my observations of yesterday and Shazam!! In the full sunlight, those babies aren't black, they're dark brown. So I stand chastised and I apologize for taking such a strong stand.

2.I take back everything that I said about Volvo finally realizing how insipid their XC color combinations look, and that the new ones look good; they look as weird as ever. 'Tis a pity really, given some decent color combinations, the XC is a sharp looking vehicle. Well, maybe by next year they will get it worked out...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Roger -

For the right incentive, I can go back there and delete all posted evidence of the "black trim marauder."

- Darell

1 - 18 of 18 Posts