SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to do away with my axle ping.
-Local dealership: total: $74 @ $37/bolt and they didn't have them in stock......ummmm NO
-Got them from Taska: total $57.32 @ $22.21/bolt + $12.90 shipped UPS Ground to Orlando. YAY!
Still robbery for bolts and rubber grommets but you gotta love Taska for simple savings like this.......
-----UPDATE------1 of my old bolts was the cause of a vibration I was experiencing...thread here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ion-on-accelleration-axels-replaced-already-(
I just replaced my axle bolts w/XC90's. I took it for a test run and to my surprise, the vibration I've been chasing down is gone!
I figured I'd clean the threads of the old bolts and roll them on a flat surface to see if there was an obvious bend in one or both. The first one I grabbed had the washer already off (must have fallen off in the box I had them in....whatever). It looked fine when I rolled it. When I went to take the washer off of the second bolt however, I couldn't get it off; the OD of the threads of the bolt is bigger then the ID of the washer, so they're inseparable?!?!? so I had 2 different axle bolts AND washers on my car....awesome. :mad: Figured I'd tie the 2 threads together since they are strangely related.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Or, ask your local stealership if they will match online pricing.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Tasca can be all right, but their shipping sucks. Like, it shouldn't have cost you $12.90 to get those bolts shipped to you, but they have a base shipping rate of $10 for whatever it is, even if it's a grain of dirt.

·
Registered
348 Posts
So, you saved $4?

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uh, $16.68? What kind of math are they teaching up in Canada? :)
Be nice to Canadians; they're "Americas hat" as my son would say. Besides, Canadian XXX is some good beer and may impair ones mathatization.

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The "total $57.32" includes the shipping cost so the savings was over $15 (I don't dare do the math at this point out of fear of screwing up and getting flamed) :facepalm:
It's become a much more interesting thread than I'd imagined I must say LOL

·
Registered
348 Posts
The "total $57.32" includes the shipping cost so the savings was over $15 (I don't dare do the math at this point out of fear of screwing up and getting flamed) :facepalm:
It's become a much more interesting thread than I'd imagined I must say LOL
Oh, I see. I misunderstood.

·
Registered
429 Posts
You saved even more - local dealer would've charged sales tax, right?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Do you happen to have a part number on those bolts?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Thanks. I just ordered a pair.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
OK… so what is the trick to installing the XC90 bolts? The rubber is molded over a steel sleeve/insert, therefore acts as a super thick washer. Consequently, I haven't been able to install them; they won't engage even the first threads into the end of the axle. I suspect I need to push/pull the axle outboard slightly so the bolt threads can engage. Then as I torque the bolt, it will pull the end of the axle further outboard. But that doesn't work either. :confused:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
You should be able to compare the length quite easily to the bolt that was removed. From my notes:

30714142 is the part number for the bolt with spacer sleeve

999605 is the part NON-spacer

·
Registered
345 Posts
Old thread, but I am looking to get a set of these for one of the fleet. If you type in 30714143 or 999605 into the FCP search, they both direct to the same part that does not appear to have this flange. It sounds like there are different length bolts needed with the rubber flange. Can anyone clarify? Thanks

·
Banned
702 Posts
Old thread, but I am looking to get a set of these for one of the fleet. If you type in 30714143 or 999605 into the FCP search, they both direct to the same part that does not appear to have this flange. It sounds like there are different length bolts needed with the rubber flange. Can anyone clarify? Thanks
Volvo discontinued the Axle Bolt with the rubber stopper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts