SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I are in discussion on getting rid of her S60 T-5 AWD and stepping up to the XC 60. The dealer has about 5 T-6 AWD 6cly on the lot. Only 2 or 3 have the options she wants....there is only one I want, and it's a Platinum:D.
The question is, do we go with the 6 cyl or we have the option to order a T-5 5 cyl. They have one eDrive, and it is pretty much a base model FWD.
We both have s60 T-5 right now, mines FWD. I have no complaints on power. Stepping up to a heavier vehicle I would think the 6 is the way to go.
Thoughts?
I prefer going with the 6.

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
We were just in the same position a few days ago.

We drove the XC60 T6, T5 and the XC70 T5. We ended up getting the T6 as it was in the color we were looking for and since it was a '15.5 we saved a lot. If that car had not been available we may very well have gotten the T5 AWD. IMHO the T5 has plenty of power for this car and gets around 10% better mileage.

Happy hunting!

·
Registered
117 Posts
The logical portion of the brain says T5.

The "other" portion of my brain won, and I went with the T6.

No regrets, though I will freely admit it is much faster than anybody actually needs.

I just love that low end torque though!

·
Registered
87 Posts
If we were ruled by needs - we would all have a Prius.
I need a seat that is more comfortable for long drives than what the Prius has to offer.

The D2 engine, on the other hand, would be a nice thing to have. Too bad it doesn't comply with emissions requirements here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
In the same dilemma. T5 vs T6 for wife.
Also compared an XC60 2012 CPO T6 Platinum vs 2016 T5 SE (this have all possible options + some body kit & wheels).
Difference in power .. brain say to go with the new one that have better tech but ... the T6 for the power and handling.

·
Registered
378 Posts
My wife and I were in the same boat but we just bought a new xc60 t6 premium plus and are glad we chose it over the T5. Can never have enough power haha.

·
Registered
572 Posts
any reason to not get the drive-e ?

obviously I'm vested.
If you want AWD. Otherwise the 4cyl is great. The 5cyl is also a very good, tried & true power plant, so it has that going for it too. The 6 has great power, but has been a bit more high maintenance than the other two.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The T5 with or without AWD will do the job just fine however, going T6 either way also starts you out with more equipment than the T5, plus there is the added power and consumption that comes with a more powerful engine. Only you can decide which is best in the long run.

·
Registered
745 Posts
IMO you can't go wrong with the T6 or even better get the T6 with the Polestar tune =)

I had a loaner a week ago while some minor warranty work was being done and it was a T5, still plenty of power but nowhere near as fun as the T6.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was on the fence between T5 and T6 myself. I was looking for a gently used model and had pretty defined color and option desires. I didn't think I really "needed" an AWD turbo 6, but now that I have had it for a few months, I am REALLY glad I ended up with the T6.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The 6 has great power said:
? how so? We've owned 3.2, high performance R, and two t6s with no noticeable increase in maintenance on the T6. Please explain.

·
Registered
572 Posts
? how so? We've owned 3.2, high performance R, and two t6s with no noticeable increase in maintenance on the T6. Please explain.
Oil consumption
AC Compressors
Water pumps
Catalytic Converters
Oil Traps

The 5 cylinder has none of these issues. I can't think of any inherent issues with it.

The T6 is great to drive, no doubt, but I think the T5 offers a good driving experience with Toyota like reliability.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
..well...Worked out a deal on a '16 T6 Platinum AWD. Guess I'm joining this club too..:cool:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts