SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were originally told in Sept., when we put our deposit down on a 2.5T AWD XC90, that we would probably be part of the initial allocation at our dealership, and would probably see our car by the end of the year. I just heard that our car won't be part of the allocation--it will be built to our specs and delivered at the beginning of Jan. Again, we were originally told by this dealer that the x-plan wouldn't be available; however, another dealer told us that it would be available on those cars that weren't involved in the initial allocation (i.e., the ones built to spec would be included). Do I bother to call back my dealer and ask for the x-plan under these circumstances? Does anyone know if and when it will be available?<br>Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: x-plan on xc90 (jaron80)

Welcome to Swedespeed.<p>Perhaps Yannis can give you more info. I know he told me last weekend that the XC90s being delivered for the remainder of the calendar year are not as numerous as they originally expected.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Re: x-plan on xc90 (jaron80)

Its up to participating dealers if they will accept X-Plan, it is not manditory that they do. IMO, it will be difficult to find a dealer that will in even the first years production, let alone the first allication.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: x-plan on xc90 ([email protected])

I have been told that that price will not even be on the invoice. And I agree with Phil, even if it were, you would not find one Retailer whowould be willing to let go one at that price now that the allocated units are less than promised.<p>Yannis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: x-plan on xc90 (GrecianVolvo)

Thanks for your replies. If I can't have the x-plan, that doesn't diminish my eager anticipation for the arrival of my car, hopefully in Jan.! By the way, if I've been told that's when to expect my car, do you think that's real information?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: x-plan on xc90 (GrecianVolvo)

Yannis, I'm not familiar with term "X-Plan"? Would you explain please. <p>Also someone somewhere made a comment about if you don't get the premium sound that the dash configuration is different. Since we have only seen vehicles equipped with premium sound what are they doing for just the regular system. Doesn't it still use the little screen to show radio stations, cd position etc? Our dealer and we are assuming here and I don't want a surprise... Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: x-plan on xc90 (sleepless2)

The X- plan is a pricing strucure for Ford business partners and associates. It entitles them to a price of 2% over invoice. You need to inquire at a specific Ford line for eligibility. By the way, we as dealers in the NY/NJ/CT area were told that Xplan would not be available on the XC90 until the 04 model year the earliest.

·
Registered
116 Posts
XC90 X-Plan Eligibility

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The X- plan is a pricing strucure for Ford business partners and associates. It entitles them to a price of 2% over invoice. You need to inquire at a specific Ford line for eligibility. By the way, we as dealers in the NY/NJ/CT area were told that Xplan would not be available on the XC90 until the 04 model year the earliest.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>From the Horse's Mouth:<p>Dear Xxxxxx,<p>Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company on 11/9/02. We appreciate <br>the time you have taken to write us.<p>The <B>Volvo XC90 will be eligible for the Ford Motor Company X-Plan<br>Program starting in December, with a delivery date of March or April.</B><br>Unfortunately, they may not be available in all areas of the country. <br>Please visit and consult your local participating dealership to<br>determine local availability.<p>Please keep in mind, <B>this is a voluntary program for the dealership and<br>all vehicles are at the dealer's discretion.</B> <p>At Ford Motor Company, we consider the satisfaction of our customers as<br>one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries <br>or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to<br>address them.<p>Sincerely,<br>Xxxx<br>Ford Motor Company<br>Customer Relationship Center<BR><BR>
[Modified by crikey, 10:36 AM 11-11-2002]

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: XC90 X-Plan Eligibility (crikey)

A/Z/X-plan pricing is shown on all XC90 invoices. But you are not going to find any (sane) Retailer that will honor this pricing structure. Available units are at a premium, right now.<p>Yannis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts