SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
One point to consider if you end up buying brand spanking new. I regret this myself even though I have Halogen Lights. My Hood and Headlights look like a moon crater. At the very least, if you're going to exhaust the funds to buy new car, get the hood and headlights Suntek or Opticoated (ceramic wrapped). It'll protect the car from rock chips. With the Xenon ABL (Adaptive Bending Lights), these things run $2k each. The last thing you want is for them to get dinged up and reduce visibility.
Already have been researching my local shops to have this done. Thank you for the tip!! I would love to wrap the whole thing in a matte wrap, but $$$$$. I have seen a few wrapped in a matte finish, and they are ::chef's kiss::

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
If I were OP, I'd be looking at this.

There were only a few made, under factory warranty. 2019 T6 R-design awd. Checks all the boxes. And less than two hours away.
I may be making that drive to MA tomorrow to check it out. Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
688 Posts
We are from NH and when the Covid hit last year we ended up NOT ordering the OSD and flew to Minnesota and drove the car back to NH. We got a very good price on the air fare (and car) and had a fun trip home AND we selected the exact car we wanted. The dealership picked us up at the airport and dropped us at our hotel.We even got an extra $800 discount because we didn't want 19" wheels. BTW.. We love the PA and wouldn't give it up for anything on long and long-ish trips. It really lowers the fatigue. Is it too late to look? Are you out any money? We wanted a V60 R-design loaded and there were only a few in the USA last March. If I can help in anyway feel free to contact me. Mike
Who'd you buy from?

·
Registered
Volvo S60 T4 MY20
188 Posts
Looking at those pictures, who did that horrible cleaning job before taking the pictures?

But when you are in person, take a close look at the wear on the driver seat leather. Make sure the paint on the leather is okay. I got mine replaced under warranty because it was already wearing off after <20k miles.

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
Looking at those pictures, who did that horrible cleaning job before taking the pictures?
How do you guys keep these dashes clean with the touch screen and all that shiny plastic? Microfiber towel?

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
How do you guys keep these dashes clean with the touch screen and all that shiny plastic? Microfiber towel?
People probably utilize screen protectors? I've seen some of these cars look like Freddy Kruger had his way with it. Scratches on screens (nails, rings, etc). Only way you're going to keep the lcd / touch screen pristine is a screen protector.

·
Registered
Volvo S60 T4 MY20
188 Posts
My screen doesn't have a single scratch on it. Polish it occasionally with a microfiber cloth.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No problem. It's been for sale for maybe 3 months. Started around 45 IIRC. I never went to look at it, as I ended up buying a new PE.

As a point of reference, Westport volvo had a white one for 47 that ultimately dropped to 42 before selling. That was late last year. It was CPO but similar miles and features.

·
Registered
2016 V60 Cross Country, 2020 V60 Cross Country (Polestar optimized)
84 Posts
The gloss piano black bits do tend to look dusty/fingerprinty unless you've just wiped them down, and photographs do tend to accentuate it. I actually wish the plastic used was the matte variety on the XC40 Recharge steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
People probably utilize screen protectors? I've seen some of these cars look like Freddy Kruger had his way with it. Scratches on screens (nails, rings, etc). Only way you're going to keep the lcd / touch screen pristine is a screen protector.
I'm not talking about scratches - just fingerprints. The 'smudge' screens should have a matte surface, if that's possible.

·
Registered
759 Posts
If I were OP, I'd be looking at this.

There were only a few made, under factory warranty. 2019 T6 R-design awd. Checks all the boxes. And less than two hours away.
Used V60 T6 RD, selling for more than my new price on my S60 T6 RD! That wouldn't keep me away though, those babies are RARE, one year order only model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Last year, I special-ordered a 2020 V60 CC (fusion red metallic, Advanced Package, CC Pro Package, PoleStar tune) here in Georgia for OSD. The OSD didn't happen, but I did get everything I wanted on the car except for Parking Assist. Pilot Assist is different and I did get that. If you have the documentation supporting what you said, then you have a good case. I would pursue it. I don't regret buying the CC version; it rides well and the color apparently is a rare one, so easy to spot. But Volvos are a major expense, so you need to get what you ordered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, same dealership. You are correct, I could get it wrapped, but I don't know if I want to spend the extra $. I just feel kinda screwed over ATM, so feeling kinda bitter. I actually thought that I wanted the Pine Grey when I first started looking at them, but then in person, I wasn't as impressed. I could probably live with it, but I really had my heart set on the Birch light. Oh, and we never signed any paperwork or even put down a deposit- so maybe I am the one who is screwed? ZERO contract. Good so I could just go to another dealership, but bad, because I am SOL.
We just received our 2021 XC-60 Inscription with air suspension through the OSD program and received exactly what we had ordered. We have 12 months to take the trip so hopefully things get better or they may extend the time as they recently did for others.

First, when spending this amount of money I go over the order to make sure it’s correct before signing the paperwork. I also get a copy of the order for reference just in case but have never had a problem with an ordered vehicle. Even if I make changes I will get an updated copy to verify them. Never had any problems in over 40 years of ordering our vehicles when we couldn’t find one optioned the way we wanted it.

I hate to point fingers but you never verified with the SA exactly what the final order included so why didn’t you go over it with them to make sure they got it exactly the way you wanted it? The SA must had been somewhat new at ordering a vehicle since they were wrong by not having you sign the order paperwork.

I hope everything works out but this big headache could have been avoided by reviewing your final order before it was placed.

Reactions: kyngofpop

·
Registered
2016 V60 Cross Country, 2020 V60 Cross Country (Polestar optimized)
84 Posts
Last year, I special-ordered a 2020 V60 CC (fusion red metallic, Advanced Package, CC Pro Package, PoleStar tune) here in Georgia for OSD.
Sounds like we have the same car, almost (we have climate package but no pro package). We also have the Parking Assist but I find it next to worthless, so you’re not missing much there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
+1 for this one, it looks like an awesome spec!! I hate trying to keep black cars clean but black with those R-des wheels looks sick!

Don't settle for a CC. Help prove to Volvo that some of us ACTUALLY WANT A WAGON! Benz killed the E-class wagon in regular spec, you have to get the All Terrain now; Audi won't give us an A4 Avant, only the All-Road; Same story for A6, All-Road or crazy $$$ RS6 Avant; Buick Regal Wagon, dead (and also awful, but ya know...); CTS Wagon, dead...

I say all this whilst owning a Genesis Sedan 5.0 and an XC90 T8, but trust me, if I could trade my Genesis to get a Volvo wagon with a T8, I'd be a real happy dude. Even if it makes me so lame as to have two Volvos in our two car family. Also, sounds like I'm 65 but I'm actually 31. Lol!

·
Registered
10 Posts
+1 for this one, it looks like an awesome spec!! I hate trying to keep black cars clean but black with those R-des wheels looks sick!

Don't settle for a CC. Help prove to Volvo that some of us ACTUALLY WANT A WAGON! Benz killed the E-class wagon in regular spec, you have to get the All Terrain now; Audi won't give us an A4 Avant, only the All-Road; Same story for A6, All-Road or crazy $$$ RS6 Avant; Buick Regal Wagon, dead (and also awful, but ya know...); CTS Wagon, dead...

I say all this whilst owning a Genesis Sedan 5.0 and an XC90 T8, but trust me, if I could trade my Genesis to get a Volvo wagon with a T8, I'd be a real happy dude. Even if it makes me so lame as to have two Volvos in our two car family. Also, sounds like I'm 65 but I'm actually 31. Lol!
You mentined all the wagons available or recently stopped being producing for the US market but left out the best one still available....the Mercedes AMG E63s wagon! Ask me how I know? I would had been happy to have a V60 wagon but they stopped the T6 motor option for 2020 and no I'm not a hybrid guy so no to a T8. For that reason I got what I have always wanted for years and since the days for the V8 are numbered I figured it was probably now or never.

·
Registered
2012 S60 T6 AWD
226 Posts
You mentined all the wagons available or recently stopped being producing for the US market but left out the best one still available....the Mercedes AMG E63s wagon! Ask me how I know? I would had been happy to have a V60 wagon but they stopped the T6 motor option for 2020 and no I'm not a hybrid guy so no to a T8. For that reason I got what I have always wanted for years and since the days for the V8 are numbered I figured it was probably now or never.
Congratulations on the '63! Mercedes Benz sure knows how to make a V8. I haven't yet driven a car with the 4.0TT, but I'll never forget the first time I drove the old 6.3 in the CL63 AMG. Nothing quite like it.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts