SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
It’s an unusual color. I kind of like it but I can see where it might be polarizing. You certainly would have a rather unique vehicle. An acquaintance has an XC60 in this color that just saw the other day (maroon interior with linear lime, I prefer the blond and driftwood in the linked car). From a quick glance/at a distance on a drizzly day, it looked grey, with the greens coming out upon closer inspection. The photos always make it look like an army green. I think it works nicely with the charcoal grey trim of the Cross Country.

One thing I will point out is that based on the photos, the dealership has been holding onto that car since the fall. Maybe early fall! I see they’ve nudged the price down a teensy bit, but I wonder how aggressively you could negotiate. I would imagine they are ready to move that car already.
It does have a bit of a green earth tone to it in some of the photos. I have beige interior in my S60 and it was a nightmare to keep clean, before I bought some custom made seat covers. I think the Beachwood Interior looks phenomenal in cars. While the beige / white look complements the pine grey, dyes rub off on these seats quite easily, and it becomes noticeable. Always resulting in having to clean them more frequently.

·
Registered
541 Posts
New England Driver, speaking for my personality in your situation, my choice would be either hold out for the car I want, or make my peace with the available choices and accept what I acquire. The third course, which I would not take, is to just settle for what I could get, because if I did that, I would kick myself every time I laid eyes on that car.

·
Registered
816 Posts
My 2 cents. Volvo's base audio systems are actually pretty good, as long as you listen at a moderate volume. Back in 2014 when I was buying my first S60, I spent a lot of time listening to the base vs premium audio in various cars. I consider myself somewhat of an audiophile, but ultimately decided not to spend the extra money and went with base audio. SPA base audio systems are also very nice - I have base in our XC60 and H&K in my S60. They are quite comparable, IMHO. I dont have pilot assist in any of my cars, but I generally dislike most of the "driver nannies". I even dislike HUD, because it detracts from my field of view :)
So being in OP's position, I would probably take the car as delivered, and asked the dealer to compensate me for the missing features (extended warranty, extension of factory service, etc.). They could also be willing to swap the wheels to 18".

RD's sport seats are the best, if you want the seat to hug you - you seat IN it. Inscription and Momentum seats are more for sitting ON - not as well-bolstered. Again, speaking from extensive personal experience - I have both and far prefer the Contour (Sport) seats.

As for special ordering cars - this my preferred way to do it, since I am very particular about what options I like. I have done it many times, with BMW and Volvo. Important thing is to have an open line of communication with the dealer and have them check the order sheet periodically. That way you can be sure that they make the car exactly how you ordered it. My latest Volvo - 2020 S60 R-design was a special order that I placed last February. Due to Covid it took almost 8 months to be delivered. I requested and got 5-6 updates during that time. I too wanted 18" wheels, not 19" which are more common on R-designs. When I got my first update I noticed that the order somehow got 19" wheels and immediately asked the dealer to correct it. I also added Polestar optimization. Typically, they give you a few weeks to make modifications, before the configuration is locked in for production.

PS. I personally like Pine Grey - it's unique and looks sharp, especially with blond interior. It does look a bit dusty and washed out in bright sun, but OP is in NE, so that should not be a problem :)

Reactions: New England Driver

·
Registered
47 Posts
So being in OP's position, I would probably take the car as delivered, and asked the dealer to compensate me for the missing features (extended warranty, extension of factory service, etc.). They could also be willing to swap the wheels to 18".
+1 to not seeing PA as a must-have. These are such beautiful cars. Do you really need to buy a computer to take you the joy of driving it?

PS. I personally like Pine Grey - it's unique and looks sharp, especially with blond interior. It does look a bit dusty and washed out in bright sun, but OP is in NE, so that should not be a problem :)
+1 on Pine Gray. I saw one today, probably the first I've seen on the street, and I liked it way better than popular Osmium.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have pine gray with a blond interior. The pine gray is fantastic in bright sunshine but on cloudy days it gets a little olive drab and makes my ass look fat. When I went to check out that fully loaded year-end V60 (on a sunny day) my visceral reaction was yeah, I can easily do that unexpected color.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My wife sat in r seats and inscription seats and liked the inscription ones more. We have park assist but I hardly ever use it. It takes a long time to set up and I can parallel park quicker than it can. Pilot assist I use all the time. Also v60 doesn't come with heated rear seats. It became a cc only option in 2020.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So, update....
I called my sales rep Saturday morning to let him know that I decided not to take the car. I also told him I found another in RI, but I wanted to know if it was a demo car, how many miles and if it was still available. I could tell he was busy with something and told me to e-mail him all the information and he would pass it onto the sales guy who handles inquiring about cars at other dealerships. I sent the e-mail myself with detailed information about the questions I had about the car available in RI, plus a direct link to the car. I finally got a call back from the other sales guy around 12:30 pm. He apologized for the delay, and told me the car was a demo and belonged to the dealer's wife and he could try to see if she would want to sell it. Ok. No. Thank you.
He told me he found some other cars that were comparable to my order and we went over the list. I asked him to inquire about a denim/blonde V60CC that seemed to still be for sale. Same questions about car- demo? mileage? available? He told me that because it was a Saturday afternoon, he may not hear back from the other dealership till that evening or possibly even Monday (today).
And here we are. Still waiting.

In the meantime, I found a few other cars I like that have the options in them that I am looking for. They are all the CC trim because I cannot locate an AWD R-design to save my life, and I also noticed that the AWD drivetrain in missing from the build on the Volvo website for all V60 trim levels except the CC version.

I am giving them till tonight to get back to me. Even just drop me a G*Damn e-mail and say you are still working on it, or still have not heard back from the other dealer. But for now.....it has been 🦗🦗🦗🦗

I will give a shout out to Portland Volvo in ME though.....I had contacted them last week about a Passion Red R-design they had on their website. It was sold unfortunately, but the online sales rep has been helpful BEYOND what any sales rep has been at the dealership I am working with.....which is not the place in Simsbury where the Pine Grey V60 is in a link a few posts up....I do not want to drag the wrong dealership through the mud. ;)

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
If the dealer demo being driven by the dealer's wife is configured the way you'd want it why not take that one? You'll save a few $$$ and you know it wasn't abused.

Dealers put unsold units into loaner or demo service pretty regularly, some only have a few miles on them. I've bought a few over the years.

As you've seen, Volvo has trimmed it's offerings a little so no more AWD V60 unless it's a CC - the AWD RD was a one year only car.

·
Registered
195 Posts
2019 was the only year they had AWD v60s. They also had electronically controlled rear folding seats but got rid of those in 2020 as well as the heated rear seats.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Per @Wayne T5 a Demo / Loaner isn't necessarily a bad thing. I bought my car as a Demo / Loaner with 2200 miles. It did have some cosmetic issues (Lip Rash on Bumper Underside) and the Gearshift Enamel Cracked (Replaced under Warranty) and Rearview Mirror Clouded (Replaced under Warranty). I bought mine from afar.

The Lip Rash I obviously lived with as I bought from afar and didn't know about its existence. So I didn't "negotiate" a resolution prior to purchase. Although I have lip rashed the car myself several times thereafter. The other cosmetic issues were addressed upon taking possession of car

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with a low mileage Demo / Loaner that you could pick up with a 5 Year / Unlimited Mile CPO. Of course, that begins from the in service date so you'd want a car that was put into action closest to your time of purchase. I.E. If car was put into Action June 2020, you'd not have 4 years 1 month left on the 5 Yr / Unlimited Mile CPO.

My advice, if you are able / willing / humanly possible is to check out the car you are interested in with an in person visit. A CPO would afford you flexibility if you're a high mileage driver. I.E. Standard 4 yr / 50k Warranty vs CPO unlimited Miles + Remaining Warranty.

One thing you don't want to do is get frustrated and "settle". Remember, this is a big purchase that you'll have to live with. So find something that checks off all of your boxes. It might take persistence and patience, but I wouldn't "Just Take a Car" because you can't find one you like. Cars from across the country can be traded from one dealer to another or shipped. So if you locate one 1000 miles away, don't hesitate to inquire.

·
Premium Member
2020 V90 Inscription T6 (all options except upgrade stereo and rear wheel air suspension)
436 Posts
OP. I don't know why you continue to deal with the same dealer you are having issues with. If you find the car you like elsewhere, contact them directly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
If the dealer demo being driven by the dealer's wife is configured the way you'd want it why not take that one? You'll save a few $$$ and you know it wasn't abused.
I just do not want it. If it were a used Ocean Race or special AWD R-design, I would think twice, but right now, I do not want to settle. That is all. :)

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
OP. I don't know why you continue to deal with the same dealer you are having issues with. If you find the car you like elsewhere, contact them directly.
Think OP is realizing that it's time to use another dealer. Seems the original dealer and OP aren't on the same page, so definitely time to move on.

I will give a shout out to Portland Volvo in ME though.....I had contacted them last week about a Passion Red R-design they had on their website. It was sold unfortunately, but the online sales rep has been helpful BEYOND what any sales rep has been at the dealership I am working with.....

Reactions: kyngofpop

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
I just do not want it. If it were a used Ocean Race or special AWD R-design, I would think twice, but right now, I do not want to settle. That is all. :)
GREAT! Don't let frustration make you settle. You'll regret it both financially and in the long term. Unless you have the financial resources to swap out cars on a regular basis, this V60 and you will be "pals" for a while. So you don't want to hop into the car regretting the purchase on a daily basis.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
You are 100% right. I have made up my mind that if I do not hear from them by EOD I am contacting another dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
GREAT! Don't let frustration make you settle. You'll regret it both financially and in the long term. Unless you have the financial resources to swap out cars on a regular basis, this V60 and you will be "pals" for a while. So you don't want to hop into the car regretting the purchase on a daily basis.
EXACTLY! I am not settling for anything. This was going to be my first and last time ordering just what I wanted. I plan on having the car for a long time, and when the time comes for another purchase, it will be a used car.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
EXACTLY! I am not settling for anything. This was going to be my first and last time ordering just what I wanted. I plan on having the car for a long time, and when the time comes for another purchase, it will be a used car.
One point to consider if you end up buying brand spanking new. I regret this myself even though I have Halogen Lights. My Hood and Headlights look like a moon crater. At the very least, if you're going to exhaust the funds to buy new car, get the hood and headlights Suntek or Opticoated (ceramic wrapped). It'll protect the car from rock chips. With the Xenon ABL (Adaptive Bending Lights), these things run $2k each. The last thing you want is for them to get dinged up and reduce visibility.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I were OP, I'd be looking at this.

There were only a few made, under factory warranty. 2019 T6 R-design awd. Checks all the boxes. And less than two hours away.

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
I'm currently looking at a loaner/demo car with 350 miles on it. I wouldn't consider that as settling, lol.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts