SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2012 S60 T6 AWD
226 Posts
Don't accept it. I totally get if you're out at dinner, they bring the wrong food out, you don't want to wait for them to correct it, so you just consume it. However, that's a $50 purchase, not $50k.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Haha oh man.
Well I guess it really depends how motivated they are to make a sale. They already have a vehicle that was custom ordered, without a contract, that OP has intentions of buying. If the screw up is attributed to dealer fault (and not OP), then the only way to make the situation right is to have OP place a new order. Meaning the turn around is going to be 4 months.

1. Volvo can discount the second order. OP Takes that money and gets a rental.
2. Volvo can furnish a rental.
3. Op goes elsewhere.

No sweat off Op's back to take $60k to another brand and buy a car. OP has already made very clear she needs a vehicle and this has created a huge imposition.

So what do you recommend Tech (Read Quote Below)?

Then we just waited for the car. I turned my lease in about a month ago and we are currently a one car family. It has not been that bad since my husband still works from home for the most part, but there are days that he needs to be out all day, leaving me to borrow my dad's truck if available, or just stay at home without a car. NBD since the car was scheduled to be here mid April......but that came and went.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
So, after reading through the million e-mails between my husband and the dealer last night, things were a lot more complicated than what I was led to believe. 🤦‍♀️ I still do not understand how the mishap took place, but I do not think things were as cut and dry, and I can see where there would have been some confusion about wheels and the park assist. What I do not understand is how the upgraded sound system was forgot. After going in and test driving the car yesterday, and speaking with my salesman, I do see that he feels horrible, and I know he is going to help us rectify the situation.

Like I said, I test drove the vehicle, and I do really like it. I am going to ask to test drive a car with the H&K sound again today, to compare. Last night we did not have much time.

What I do have a question about- the wood inlays- this car has the driftwood. I was running my hand over them, and they are very rough, almost like I could get a splinter. Is this normal? I would think that the wood inlays would be sanded down and varnished at least.

The other comparable car my dealership had which I wanted to test drive, was sold the day before, so now there isn't another car at that dealership that I am interested in at all. My husband keeps arguing with me about them finding another car that is comparable at another dealership for me. He says that they will not do it. OMGosh, can I slap him? 🤣🤣I am going in myself to talk to them.

I hopped on the Volvo website again this morning to see what is available around me.
I did find a few options at dealerships within the 100 mile radius using the Volvo location tool on their website, but, no V60's in anything but the CC trim. I was really hoping to find a r-design, inscription or a polestar version. :love::love::love:

I guess, the decision now is to figure out if I will take the car, and try to negotiate a few extras and a second key (I hear that is pretty tricky, but maybe possible here) or have my dealer bring in one with all the added bonuses.

Oh, and there was a FANTASTIC used Passion red V90 r-design up at Portland Volvo I was ready to go test drive and purchase yesterday....BUT IT SOLD yesterday afternoon! It would have been a 3 hr drive, but it was totally worth it! 😭

·
Registered
2016 V60 Cross Country, 2020 V60 Cross Country (Polestar optimized)
85 Posts
What I do have a question about- the wood inlays- this car has the driftwood. I was running my hand over them, and they are very rough, almost like I could get a splinter. Is this normal? I would think that the wood inlays would be sanded down and varnished at least.
That trim finish is meant to have that kind of natural texture.

·
Registered
2019 XC90 T6 Polestar✦ Momentum (Advanced & Climate Pkg/HK Sound) - Bright Silver/Charcoal Leather
117 Posts
Sounds like you’re in CT. Riley Volvo in Stamford has presence on this forum. Maybe reach out to them and see if there is anything they can do to help find the car you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2020 V90 Inscription T6 (all options except upgrade stereo and rear wheel air suspension)
436 Posts
OP, IMO if you want a V60 from a dealer's lot, you'll have to compromise. Not much new V60 inventory, particularly for Inscription or R. Regarding these two models, while they share a lot, the seats significantly differ. The R's are much sportier, particularly its bolstering, which is more pronounced, firmer and contribute to the front seats being narrower, all in comparison to the Inscription seats.

Hopefully you have had a chance to see and sit in both models to develop an informed opinion.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I found a V60 R in the Washington DC area for you in your choice of Black or White??? Road Trip????
That black one is right up my ally! Not a fan of white cars, which is odd since I like the Birch light so much, right?
Anyway, I did find a nice one at Steingold in RI which I have some inquiries on right now. I may move into that Black one if it is not going to work out. Thank you, Mike!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
OP, IMO if you want a V60 from a dealer's lot, you'll have to compromise. Not much new V60 inventory, particularly for Inscription or R. Regarding these two models, while they share a lot, the seats significantly differ. The R's are much sportier, particularly its bolstering, which is more pronounced, firmer and contribute to the front seats being narrower, all in comparison to the Inscription seats.

Hopefully you have had a chance to see and sit in both models to develop an informed opinion.
Maggs- THANK YOU so much for this input and information! Very helpful. Are the R-design seats the same in the XC60 as they are in the V60 so I can compare?
I am willing to forgo some options if I go with a V60 vs. V60 CC. I really have my heart set on the upgraded sound, climate pkg and advance pkg. Heated rear seats are a must for us, and I personally love the HUD for travel and directions.

You all have been SO much help, and I am so thankful! (y)

·
Registered
195 Posts
That black one is right up my ally! Not a fan of white cars, which is odd since I like the Birch light so much, right?
Anyway, I did find a nice one at Steingold in RI which I have some inquiries on right now. I may move into that Black one if it is not going to work out. Thank you, Mike!
My best search for you yet...Nationwide....After you click the link select V60 R and V60 Inscription and it will show you every one in the USA. Some dealers have both. New 2020 Volvo V60 for Sale in Washington, DC - CarGurus

·
Premium Member
2020 V90 Inscription T6 (all options except upgrade stereo and rear wheel air suspension)
436 Posts
Maggs- THANK YOU so much for this input and information! Very helpful. Are the R-design seats the same in the XC60 as they are in the V60 so I can compare?
I am willing to forgo some options if I go with a V60 vs. V60 CC. I really have my heart set on the upgraded sound, climate pkg and advance pkg. Heated rear seats are a must for us, and I personally love the HUD for travel and directions.

IMO, Volvo is unique in its model approach. While the models may differ in outside appearance, many of the interior features and design elements are very similar, if not identical, across models. Just trying to be helpful and respectful, but I'd suggest carefully reviewing the models, and their features and options, on Volvo.com, and then visiting some Volvo dealerships to get a more exact understanding of the Volvo models. At a new car cost of $50k+, IMO, this would be the most prudent approach.

·
Registered
85 Posts
How important is AWD to you?
I almost choked when I was car shopping and discovered that the only AWD V60 model these days is CC. Although I am super fond of the vehicle we got.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts

I'd like to make a suggestion here. Dealers are often willing to trade inventory with one another. Do a nationwide search, find a car that hits every check box (if one's available), and ask your dealer to contact the selling dealer. This may be your best work around.

Other option is you can fly out and buy the car from afar, and have it shipped to you if driving back is an inconvenience. Either way, I'd definitely be pushing for some good will here to make this whole situation right.

Reactions: New England Driver

·
Registered
7,725 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I believe this is the pine grey one OP speaks about not liking...Color looks beautiful in photos.

New 2021 Volvo V60 Cross Country For Sale at Mitchell Auto Group | VIN: YV4102WK4M1068095
It’s an unusual color. I kind of like it but I can see where it might be polarizing. You certainly would have a rather unique vehicle. An acquaintance has an XC60 in this color that just saw the other day (maroon interior with linear lime, I prefer the blond and driftwood in the linked car). From a quick glance/at a distance on a drizzly day, it looked grey, with the greens coming out upon closer inspection. The photos always make it look like an army green. I think it works nicely with the charcoal grey trim of the Cross Country.

One thing I will point out is that based on the photos, the dealership has been holding onto that car since the fall. Maybe early fall! I see they’ve nudged the price down a teensy bit, but I wonder how aggressively you could negotiate. I would imagine they are ready to move that car already.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts