SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, back in early Feb. I placed an order for a V60 CC since the dealer did not have what I wanted.
The first few days I did change my mind and decided that I did not want 19" wheels, I wanted the 18" and I wanted the park pilot assist and did not want the air purifier. I had made the changes literally within the first 48 hrs of talking with my dealer, and had sent the updated build code and link from the Volvo website.
Things I NEVER changed:
Advance pkg
Protection pkg
Climate pkg
H & K sound system
interior or exterior color
TWO weeks after placing order I added on the Polestar tune, which I knew they could add on at the dealership IF they were at a point of not being able to make anymore changes to the order.
About a month after ordering, we called to inquire about the OSD- never committed to it, just wanted to find out if we could do it, more information about it etc. Our salesman said the person who deals with the OSD would give us a call (he never did) and after lots and lots of talking about it, we decided not to do it and let our sales guy know. This discussion was only for a few days, and it was more of, "Hey, what is the deal with OSD, can we still do it if we wanted, and can we get some more info" We never said, "Hey, we want to do this what has to happen to make it happen?"
Then we just waited for the car. I turned my lease in about a month ago and we are currently a one car family. It has not been that bad since my husband still works from home for the most part, but there are days that he needs to be out all day, leaving me to borrow my dad's truck if available, or just stay at home without a car. NBD since the car was scheduled to be here mid April......but that came and went.
The car FINALLY came in yesterday, BUT....it is not what I ordered.
The pilot assist is missing. I have 19" wheels. AND, the H&K sound was not added.
THIS is what we were told....."Well, you changed your mind a lot and things got confusing, and then when you decided to do OSD, they cancelled the car and then had to re-order when you decided not to do it."
I.am.pissed.
First off.....Changing your mind once in the first 48 hrs constitutes "changing your mind" a lot? AND, because we inquired about OSD that constitutes cancelling the order? We never even got a call from the sales guy who DOES the OSD!

So, I know this is all so so small in the grand scheme of things, but, this is the first and last time I was ever going to place an order for a new car with everything I wanted. I have hearing loss and it is genetic, so I wanted to get a better sound system than the basic one included, PLUS that is ONE item that never changed in the build. I am heartbroken, and sad, and I know that to some it would not even bother them....the lack of the park pilot assist is fine, I can live without that, I like the 19" wheels, I was hoping for the 18" just for a smoother ride because I am getting older and my body aches.
I need a car. I cannot wait another 4 months for one. There isn't anything on the lot that even comes close to what I ordered. In fact, my dealer doesn't even get the V60 in that often.

I know I have a hand up in bargaining....but is the basic sound system any good? IDK.

Thanks for reading this.

·
Premium Member
2020 V90 Inscription T6 (all options except upgrade stereo and rear wheel air suspension)
444 Posts
Your V60, IMO, may almost be as rare as my 2020 V90 Inscription T6. It may be very hard to find another, particularly with the options you want. There are sales people and a few dealers who correspond in this forum. My advice is to contact them.

When I factory ordered my V90, my dealer also had an ordering error, although very minor in comparison to your situation. It arrived with incorrect wheels and took almost 3 weeks to resolve/correct, prior to me accepting delivery. I eventually had to appeal to the dealership owner to rectify the situation.

Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks maggs. From my understanding, you cannot order the V60 right now, and when ordering opens back up, it will the the MY2022, so I would lose the cool drive select in the console because it is now located just under the infotainment. I think some of the pkgs and other options are not even an "option" anymore. I agree, I do not think I will be able to find another like mine with the options/pkgs. I actually did find one with all the options that I want, but it is Pine Green, and I ordered the Birch Light. I would have taken it in just about any color other than Pine Green. I have seen it in person, and that color is last on my list.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks maggs. From my understanding, you cannot order the V60 right now, and when ordering opens back up, it will the the MY2022, so I would lose the cool drive select in the console because it is now located just under the infotainment. I think some of the pkgs and other options are not even an "option" anymore. I agree, I do not think I will be able to find another like mine with the options/pkgs. I actually did find one with all the options that I want, but it is Pine Green, and I ordered the Birch Light. I would have taken it in just about any color other than Pine Green. I have seen it in person, and that color is last on my list.
If its pine GREEN and not pine GREY, you should buy it because it would be the only one in the USA, possibly the world because I don't think GREEN is a color offered by volvo. As far as what they are saying you ordered, refuse delivery and try to make them offer you something until your car comes in. You have on paper what you ordered and if its wrong, its on them to fix it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If its pine GREEN and not pine GREY, you should buy it because it would be the only one in the USA, possibly the world because I don't think GREEN is a color offered by volvo. As far as what they are saying you ordered, refuse delivery and try to make them offer you something until your car comes in. You have on paper what you ordered and if its wrong, its on them to fix it.
Sorry, it is pine grey. WTF is that color anyway? Green? Grey? oh, wait....both. (n) 🤣

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, I personally like that color but you can always get it wrapped to a color you like more. Is it at the same dealership or another one?
Yes, same dealership. You are correct, I could get it wrapped, but I don't know if I want to spend the extra $. I just feel kinda screwed over ATM, so feeling kinda bitter. I actually thought that I wanted the Pine Grey when I first started looking at them, but then in person, I wasn't as impressed. I could probably live with it, but I really had my heart set on the Birch light. Oh, and we never signed any paperwork or even put down a deposit- so maybe I am the one who is screwed? ZERO contract. Good so I could just go to another dealership, but bad, because I am SOL.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd walk away at that point. If they talk to you like that when you haven't put anything down, imagine how they will treat you after they get paid. They won't be changing their tune. The CC is way easier to find than a v60. Here is a white one with I think everything you want.

You can search on volvos website to see what is available nationally, just need to change the zip code.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd walk away at that point. If they talk to you like that when you haven't put anything down, imagine how they will treat you after they get paid. They won't be changing their tune. The CC is way easier to find than a v60. Here is a white one with I think everything you want.

You can search on volvos website to see what is available nationally, just need to change the zip code.
Thanks! Yeah, I was really pissed when they were throwing it all back onto me and not just owing up to responsibility. I will keep you updated on what happens. Thank you for your responses and advice. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, I was really pissed when they were throwing it all back onto me and not just owing up to responsibility. I will keep you updated on what happens. Thank you for your responses and advice. I really appreciate it.
Hope you can find the car you want. These issues with dealerships is why Volvo is going to go Direct To Consumer in the future.

·
Registered
195 Posts
We are from NH and when the Covid hit last year we ended up NOT ordering the OSD and flew to Minnesota and drove the car back to NH. We got a very good price on the air fare (and car) and had a fun trip home AND we selected the exact car we wanted. The dealership picked us up at the airport and dropped us at our hotel.We even got an extra $800 discount because we didn't want 19" wheels. BTW.. We love the PA and wouldn't give it up for anything on long and long-ish trips. It really lowers the fatigue. Is it too late to look? Are you out any money? We wanted a V60 R-design loaded and there were only a few in the USA last March. If I can help in anyway feel free to contact me. Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We are from NH and when the Covid hit last year we ended up NOT ordering the OSD and flew to Minnesota and drove the car back to NH. We got a very good price on the air fare (and car) and had a fun trip home AND we selected the exact car we wanted. The dealership picked us up at the airport and dropped us at our hotel.We even got an extra $800 discount because we didn't want 19" wheels. BTW.. We love the PA and wouldn't give it up for anything on long and long-ish trips. It really lowers the fatigue. Is it too late to look? Are you out any money? We wanted a V60 R-design loaded and there were only a few in the USA last March. If I can help in anyway feel free to contact me. Mike
I have been looking all afternoon. Most of what I have found near me do not have the items I want. I can live without the protection pkg, and always have the polestar tune added, but the upgraded sound, advance pkg and climate pkg are MUST haves. I really wanted the park assist because I felt iffy parallel parking the longer wagon- we live by a University and have lots of parallel pkg. Anyway, that is awesome that you found what you want! I am not sold on the CC version, I would take a V60 r-design or inscription or even the polestar engineered one! BUT, it must be a wagon. Not an SUV girl. Not much of a sedan girl either. Funny that I insist on a wagon and my husband shrugs his nose. IDK what kind of man I married anymore. ;)

·
Registered
13,327 Posts
I would not accept that car. This is an expensive purchase and if the sound system is important to you then you should get it. Your dealer sounds pretty clueless unfortunately regarding the communication issues. I would search nationwide for one with the sound system and include used cars as well.

·
Premium Member
2020 V90 Inscription T6 (all options except upgrade stereo and rear wheel air suspension)
444 Posts
OP, not sure if you might consider a CPO V60. Perhaps it might be worthwhile to check out. If you do, I would advise getting any used car (CPO or otherwise) carefully checked out by an independent mechanic of YOUR choice. I normally buy "new", but in ths limited market and the diffulty in ordering a new car, perhaps this may be an option to consider.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Look - There were multiple levels of failure here. Let's figure out on whose end and go from there.

1. When you initially placed the order, did you get confirmation of the order with a list of included features, pricing, etc?

2. When you made changes within 48 hours, did the dealer update and send you a new price and build sheet to include the changes?

What I want to know is who is at fault here. If you didn't get confirmation of the changes, then you should never assume things are being done. If you did get confirmation, then the fault lies with the dealer.

You have three options at this point: Pick your poison.

1. Decline taking possession or demand the car be sent back for failure to properly build your vehicle.

2. Reach out to the Dealership GM and/or OSD and inform them of the mistake. Come to some financial arrangement that will make you happy and keep the car. - Or an agreement to provide you a loaner for the 4 months until car is rebuilt.

3. Reach out to Volvo Executives and escalate your concern. Again, you could do the same as #2 but at a higher level if the dealership gives resistance.

If it were me, and dealer is at fault NOT YOU, I'd probably not "settle" on keeping the car. I would explain that there are two options here. A Loaner Car until my vehicle can be built properly and to my desired spec or I walk away and go elsewhere.

You want help reaching out to executives. I'll be glad to assist. But we need the whole story here.

Luckily, they don't have a deposit or a contract with you... So nothing stops you from walking away completely if dealer won't budge.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Forget what your dealer has on the lot. Look at what every dealer in your state has on their lots.

My car came from a dealer 2 hours away. My dealer found the car and traded them for it when I gave them my must-have options (NOT black, with the advanced package).If your dealer isn't willing to put in the legwork to find you a car that reasonably meets your spec then screw em, walk away and find something else.

The base sound system blows, btw.

·
Registered
541 Posts
"my husband shrugs his nose. IDK what kind of man I married anymore."

Shrugs his nose? Yike! IDK what kind of man you married either!

Just trying to inject a little levity, I do hope you get the car you want.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Maybe this adds a piece of data to the puzzle…

I also placed a not-so-common order in January, a mid-trim V60 CC in silver with 19-inch wheels, B&W and the factory hitch. For me, the advanced package was negotiable, but the dealership recommended not taking it, even at a higher price, as "it would delay the order to an MY22 build".

Back then, I remember I found that weird. How could they be running out of MY21 builds in January?! They mentioned low stocks for some components, which I translated to the Sensus to Android migration. But, maybe orders for the advanced package had already been closed.

That said, I would reject the car if it does not match your order, including any changes.

Good luck!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am not sold on the CC version, I would take a V60 r-design or inscription or even the polestar engineered one!
You know what? I tested the V6- Inscription with the full package for an hour and liked it until I sat in the V60 R seats. Add the lower to the ground noise and body roll reduction and PS and all the other cool packages and your having fun. You should drive both and decide which suites you. I found the CC noisy driving a nearly new XC60 with upgrade except heads up and PA. It was noisy from wind and body grunts. Top of the line leather with the adjustable side bolster was nice except the seat memory doesn't save the side bolsters to memory. I have another to do without adjusting the seat every time my wife drives the car. I'll let you drive ours if you are near by.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts