1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Looks like the idler.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Looks like a idler pulley or an tensioner.

Referring to this diagram.

3 is the idler pulley and 2 is the tensioner.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Its the serpentine tensioner, mine was failing too, sign would be a light hiss to a squeal. I really noticed it when I saw my belt move one tooth groove over. Replaced my serpentine belt and its tensioner when I did my Timing belt/tensioner/idler.

Sorry to hear man. iPD sells a kit, that's what I bought.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn...alright well I guess I'll have to replace that once I get towed back. Could this affect the way it drives normally? it was stuttering a bit before I noticed this.

Side note--- Iwant one happened to be driving by the Mobil I'm stuck at and pulled in. That was pretty funny. Also another guy Eddie I believe had an older v70 t5 with nos(George knows him)

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Looks like it to me.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Anytime - GL and since you're away from home looks like a shop will be doing it, hopefully the repair bill won't be too bad.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Damn...alright well I guess I'll have to replace that once I get towed back. Could this affect the way it drives normally? it was stuttering a bit before I noticed this.

Side note--- Iwant one happened to be driving by the Mobil I'm stuck at and pulled in. That was pretty funny. Also another guy Eddie I believe had an older v70 t5 with nos(George knows him)

Sent from my iPhone
What a coincidence huh? It was nice meeting you, hope you get your issue straightened out before the fall meet.

On a side note-- your copilot was quite pleasing on the eyes... ;)

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I usually am on Rover forums haha...Yeah this is annoying, but will be taken care if eventually. And yes it was nice meeting you too, my co pilot is a trooper also haha. She just feels bad for me, and is super bored too.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Just be glad the belt didn't walk off man. Still sucks. Here is too a speedy recovery!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts