SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this can be answered quick, but what is the knob looking thing on this drivers side front bumper trim moulding?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know its not an R. i just wanted a fast response! which i received. Thanks George!

Mods can close now :p

·
Registered
5,906 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I don't see why he just didn't buy an R, seems he just popped a bunch of R parts on it anyway lol

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
You I just skimmed through it, checking out some of the pictures. not my cup of tea

·
Registered
201 Posts
In that same thread it shows his gauge cluster with blue text and background? How can that be done? Looks pretty good with the blue accents all over our R's.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
In that same thread it shows his gauge cluster with blue text and background? How can that be done? Looks pretty good with the blue accents all over our R's.
iirc 04's you could swap out bulbs a bit easier than 05+ models in the R's atleast. I'm not sure about s60's in general.

·
Registered
262 Posts
That link took me to the worlds most depressing thread.... WHY would you spend that much money on a silly S60 non-R?????????????

·
6,436 Posts
That link took me to the worlds most depressing thread.... WHY would you spend that much money on a silly S60 non-R?????????????
so you're saying only Rs are worth upgrading? I think all tuned Volvos are unique.

I used to have a 1st gen S40 which I hooked up - and it wasnt an R

·
Registered
262 Posts
so you're saying only Rs are worth upgrading? I think all tuned Volvos are unique.

I used to have a 1st gen S40 which I hooked up - and it wasnt an R
I am implying why would you spend tons of $$$ to make a non S60 R look like a true S60 R? It would be like buying a stock Dodge Challenger and making it into a fake SRT8 Challenger....

Tuning a S40 to be a fast S40 is great but if you covered it in R logos and parts then yes... i would wonder why you wasted your money making it look like an "R" S40

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Cant afford a R but has a corvette? and 10 sets of rims and all that other crap he put on it. Keep that thing over at the regular fourm lol. what a turd.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I am implying why would you spend tons of $$$ to make a non S60 R look like a true S60 R? It would be like buying a stock Dodge Challenger and making it into a fake SRT8 Challenger....

Tuning a S40 to be a fast S40 is great but if you covered it in R logos and parts then yes... i would wonder why you wasted your money making it look like an "R" S40

Remember as RPhoto stated the car is in Europe, different taxing on cars over there. I'm sure some out European members will be posting for clarification

·
Registered
876 Posts
This is why (from attached thread):
"I think WolfMan answer so many times of this question. The R is extremly expensive at his area. Same as my location too. The brand new R cost around USD75,641.00. The used MY04 R is selling USD38,461.00."

·
Registered
262 Posts
This is why (from attached thread):
"I think WolfMan answer so many times of this question. The R is extremly expensive at his area. Same as my location too. The brand new R cost around USD75,641.00. The used MY04 R is selling USD38,461.00."

If an R is that much more than the non-R wouldn't the parts he is purchasing and installing be that much more expensive as well? I just don't see the money savings coming from it...

(Side Note: not trying to sound insulting I am just very curiouse)

Also tempted to ship my car to sweden and sell it for 39K!... as long as the shipping cost was under 10K :p

1 - 20 of 37 Posts