SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started happening right before.I installed new shocks. Fronts were blown previously, so severe impacts would cause this.

Now, even with new shocks, the blower will shut off sometimes, leaving me with no AC. Sometimes it's out of 5-10 sec, then comes back slowly, at half-power, then gets up to full in spurts. Other times, it'll be off for 2 min. Happened twice today. Meanwhile, the knob is turned to Max.

What could be causing this?

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection or bad ground somewhere to me. Never had to get to the blower motor before so I don't know if this is an easy inspection or a nightmare to perform...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone have a wiring diagram? Or how-to?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Blower motor power sage. Is most likely bad. I replace them both at the same time, as long as its a reasonable price

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean power sage? By both do you mean two motors? Are there two? Is it behind the glove box?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still lost as to what a power sage is...

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Power-stage. It controls the fan's power ad speeds. It's mounted to the fan housing. It's much cheaper to replace just that rather than the whole blower assy. Like $110ish. It is behind the glovebox.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts