SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy any of the above cars.

Ideally, it's turbocharged and a manual transmission. Swapped or not, I don't care. Again, I will consider deviating from the turbo / manual preferences, should a car tickle me right.

I prefer a V70 T5m or 850, but will also consider S70's. Wagon love... Ideally, the V70s and S70s will be 1997 or 1998 models. Though, I will still consider '99 & 00's.

Must be under 200k, otherwise needs to have extensive maintenance records available. Prefer some documented maintenance regardless of mileage.

My budget is not an issue, but I have spent the past year or so lurking on various Volvo enthusiast sites and now have a good grasp on values of certain cars, so please, don't take me for a fool.

I'm located in Upstate NY, 5 miles north of Albany (12180). I will consider shipping, or driving distance to get the right car. If your car is over 200 miles from me, expect me to bug you for tons of pictures before I make my trip to view. Lets just be honest about everything, and not waste each others time.

Thanks for reading. For fastest communication, text or call 518-505-3403.

-Aram

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a '99 S70 T5 Manual I'm ready to sell finally:

koni shocks with lowering springs
replica Volans wheels
speedtuning ecu
3" dp to 2.5" exhaust
shorter shifter
R front bumper
cbv block off plate with blow off valve added
winter package heated seats, trip computer, passenger side seat powered as well as driver
silver with charcoal interior

I think have a file folder from the previous owner with some maintenance and the exhaust, suspension and shifter. I have done all the maintenance since purchasing, mobil 1 synthetic, timing belt at 100k.

I can post pics. Overall car is in good shape and is very reliable. It does have some scuffs here and there that I can take pics of. Not flawless but still a very nice car. I only have use for wagons these days as a screen printer wagons carry more shirt boxes. Asking $4500 for it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'd be interested to see some photos. I also prefer wagons, but as stated, will consider sedans. Thanks for the info and post.

Edit: Where are you located ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
794 Posts
not sure how soon youd like to buy one but in the next month or so ill have a nautic blue s70 t5m for grabs

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not sure how soon youd like to buy one but in the next month or so ill have a nautic blue s70 t5m for grabs
Thanks. If I'm still looking then, I'll gladly take a look. Honestly, I'm having a hard time seeing myself drive an automatic car on a daily basis, and that has stifled my search where Volvos are concerned. Hopefully I can get over it. Such a shame that Volvo only offered many of these great cars in automatic. Foolish even.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still looking. It's becoming increasingly evident that I won't likely be happy with an automatic, so who has a manual out there ! ?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry I have been extremely busy the past few days. I'm going to try to wash it this weekend and snap some pics to post.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've seen that as well. Thank you again though, I do appreciate it.

I've seen quite possibly every 850R, T5-R, V70 T5M, and V70R on the entire East Coast, via www.crazedlist.org. The one you posted sounds like it'll need a good bit of $$ thrown at the body, not to mention some mechanical bits in the front-end. "Needs driver side door panel and possibly rear door panels" It either needs them or it doesn't. I suppose I could text him to see photos of the actual damage, & go from there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts