SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm helping a European friend of mine shop for an AWD wagon with a manual transmission, and the Volvo V50 is on his (very) short list. If you have one you'd like to sell and you're west of the Mississippi (ideally closer to California than not) then let me know. Color and specs are negotiable, but the manually tranny isn't. No automatics, please.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,699 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks! I'll pass this one along to him. :thumbup:

I'm trying desperately to keep him from buying a Subaru. :p

...not a volvo but I'm sure your European friend will appreciate
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-...3c127c14:g:mnUAAOSwI-BWJqzJ&item=331720326164
Ha ha! I own a 4motion B5 Passat sedan with a 5-speed manual that I love, and even I wouldn't touch a W8 with a ten-foot pole. I have a friend who was a VW service manager who told me stories of unsuspecting owners reacting with shock and disbelief when they got $6k estimates for timing chains and O2 sensors.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Thanks! I'll pass this one along to him. :thumbup:

I'm trying desperately to keep him from buying a Subaru. :p

Ha ha! I own a 4motion B5 Passat sedan with a 5-speed manual that I love, and even I wouldn't touch a W8 with a ten-foot pole. I have a friend who was a VW service manager who told me stories of unsuspecting owners reacting with shock and disbelief when they got $6k estimates for timing chains and O2 sensors.

Yes I be alive its and engine out job
Still a cool cat that and a Phaeton

I've owned lots of cars and subarus have been a few I have in he past,they are great easy to fix and hold a strong resell value
However it's not a Volvo by any means
The comfort and feel of the Volvo is next to none
I've sold them for a living buy choice and have owned them by choice
Has your friend considered a v70r?
A few nice examples are close to us in California

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,699 Posts
Wow, that's painful. I had a friend who had a W8 Phaeton. He didn't live very close by the time he got that car, so I didn't get to see it very much or fool with it, but it was a sweet ride. Is everything you do on the engine an engine removal job just because it's squished into such a (relatively) small engine bay?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...Is everything you do on the engine an engine removal job just because it's squished into such a (relatively) small engine bay?
That's part of it. It's a complex, almost exotic motor crammed into a family car. The maintenance costs of the contents don't jibe with the wrapper.

·
Super Moderator
8,699 Posts
So what you're saying is that it really needs to be transplanted into something that justifies the costs... Hmmm :eek:

EDIT: So the next person who gets a cracked block needs to figure out if a W8 will fit. LOL Or maybe get an XC90 with the 2.5 for cheap and give it a heart transplant. The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi! I'm helping a European friend of mine shop for an AWD wagon with a manual transmission, and the Volvo V50 is on his (very) short list. If you have one you'd like to sell and you're west of the Mississippi (ideally closer to California than not) then let me know. Color and specs are negotiable, but the manually tranny isn't. No automatics, please.

Thanks in advance!
I have pretty much what you are looking for. PM me or email me at [email protected]. 07 volvo v50 6mt white low miles in San Diego CA.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
^may as well buy an Audi B7 S4 avant if you want 8cyl. and itll be just as expensive to work on but more enjoyable i'd think.
the W motors are definitely really cool though.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts