1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,730 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had our chance a few months ago to grab a 850 T5R/850 R when a few were listed for sale.

The one many of us wanted was out of most of ours price range, unfortunately. (The 43k miles stock yellow sedan)

Now we will have to wait until next spring.
That sold for $25,000, right?

I thought that was a bit high, but not unreasonable. I'd pay $35,000 for a LHD JayKay car.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Pretty much. I'm just willing to pay market. I'll also pay a finders fee of $500.
There is no real market $$$ for those cars bec they really are not out there to begin with. Further our market prices appear super cheap to Europeans and they snap the nice ones away while we are discussing how ridiculous someone's asking price is.

I have the very last Sonic Blue V70R GT made for US market in my garage with 35K documented miles, sitting next to that T-5R w/ 41K miles. I will always listen to offers for the Sonic but doubt that I will sell it any time soon.

It is at Metropolitan detail (https://www.metropolitandetail.com/) right now getting its entire front-end covered with a seamless PPF which is a pretty pricey job at a very pricey detail shop. That should give you some indication about the attention these cars get :)

Keep us posted on what you find out there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no real market $$$ for those cars bec they really are not out there to begin with. Further our market prices appear super cheap to Europeans and they snap the nice ones away while we are discussing how ridiculous someone's asking price is.

I have the very last Sonic Blue V70R GT made for US market in my garage with 35K documented miles, sitting next to that T-5R w/ 41K miles. I will always listen to offers for the Sonic but doubt that I will sell it any time soon.

It is at Metropolitan detail (https://www.metropolitandetail.com/) right now getting its entire front-end covered with a seamless PPF which is a pretty pricey job at a very pricey detail shop. That should give you some indication about the attention these cars get :)

Keep us posted on what you find out there.
To clarify, what year is your V70?

I agree with prices. Like many niche cars, most available are beat up. The people that tend to buy them do so because of budget first, especially because they're not super collectible. So, when a mint car is for sale, it's "overpriced" for 98% of enthusiastic buyers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have zero interest in being any kind of gate keeper. I was assuming from the user name and the fact you didn’t dodge the money question, you were passionate about cool cars, but was also curious what was the connection to Volvo’s. Nothing more. If someone wants to spend some money to take good care of these cars, I’m thrilled to welcome them here. Much better than some knucklehead driving them into the ground with senseless mods and deferred maintenance. I thought the “not being a dick” comment was enough, but perhaps it seemed disingenuous? Good luck with the search.

Edit: FWIW, I’ve always wanted a clean E30 M3 Sport Evo!
Sure. The majority of my cars are bine stock, especially cosmetically. I'm also a buyer for a Saffron C70 with low miles in a manual transmission.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

·
Registered
5,994 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Ah sorry bout that, didn't realize you had already seen it. For the price I'm half tempted to buy it too as it's local to me...sigh, I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Message sent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts