SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I know this horse has been beaten a few times, however I am looking for an 850 T-5R that has been well sorted and taken care of; have a relatively open budget. Located in the Dallas area, however interested in anything CONUS. Let me know what you have!

-Parker

·
Registered
16,832 Posts

·
Registered
16,832 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the links! Looking for something that doesn't require much (if any) cosmetic work. Had my eye on a near perfect '97 850R, however would prefer a T-5R in the same shape if at all possible.

·
Registered
16,832 Posts
I get it, but with an 'open ended' budget, find a super body shop and have this one painted end to end. George has done all the work to make this one sound, so that's all you have left. Even has refinished titans!
I'm not sure what a rockin' repaint in 607 would cost, but it's probably 4 to 5 grand? This would be an epic car when done.
I appreciate the links! Looking for something that doesn't require much (if any) cosmetic work. Had my eye on a near perfect '97 850R, however would prefer a T-5R in the same shape if at all possible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get it, but with an 'open ended' budget, find a super body shop and have this one painted end to end. George has done all the work to make this one sound, so that's all you have left. Even has refinished titans!
I'm not sure what a rockin' repaint in 607 would cost, but it's probably 4 to 5 grand? This would be an epic car when done.
You do make a great point. I'll certainly keep this one in mind!

·
Registered
16,832 Posts
George is one of the T5R doctors. At least PM him and discuss. He may know of others. JaredR also, and RMorse.
You do make a great point. I'll certainly keep this one in mind!

·
Registered
16,678 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
16,678 Posts
Neat looking car, however the reconstructed title scares me a bit granted even the slightest amount of damage would be enough to total one of these old gals.
It is something to be investigated not something that should scare you off. These cars are far too rare in that condition to be written off for a salvage title without finding out more information.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
True, although I am willing to spend more for a clean title as well. Not in any sort of rush, although I am ready to be back in an 850!

·
Registered
16,678 Posts
True, although I am willing to spend more for a clean title as well. Not in any sort of rush, although I am ready to be back in an 850!
Don't let the fact that a deal like that just happens to be around when you're jumping in the market fool you into thinking there are a lot of options. There aren't. Unless there is some terrifying reason it got totaled and it actually is as clean as it looks, that is a once a year kind of deal these days. It would be a $10k car with a clean title in an area with a hot Volvo market.

If you are set on a T-5R, it probably doesn't even make sense to shop in America. Go straight to Europe. There is nothing good for sale here because all the good cars either ended up in long term homes or went to the Netherlands. I have it from a very credible source that there are now more T-5Rs registered in the Netherlands than were originally delivered.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't let the fact that a deal like that just happens to be around when you're jumping in the market fool you into thinking there are a lot of options. There aren't. Unless there is some terrifying reason it got totaled and it actually is as clean as it looks, that is a once a year kind of deal these days. It would be a $10k car with a clean title in an area with a hot Volvo market.

If you are set on a T-5R, it probably doesn't even make sense to shop in America. Go straight to Europe. There is nothing good for sale here because all the good cars either ended up in long term homes or went to the Netherlands. I have it from a very credible source that there are now more T-5Rs registered in the Netherlands than were originally delivered.

Appears that the craigslist ad has been deleted.

Side note, I reached out to George.

·
Registered
16,678 Posts

·
Registered
16,678 Posts
There are actually a bunch of black sedans floating around right now

1 - 20 of 28 Posts