SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name is Micah and I'm new to Swedespeed, but I've been lurking for a week or two, seems like a great community. :) I've been looking for a manual Volvo for about a year now, with relatively little success. I thought I'd pop by here and see if anyone has got anything they want to part with in the state of FL.

Some specifics on what I'm looking for... I would like any car with a T5 and a manual gearbox. that's basically it. I don't really want an S40, because I don't like how they look too much, but I'll take one for the right price. I also don't want a C70, but I won't settle for any price on that one (Unless of course you're basically giving it away. ;) ) Cars I would love... the S70/V70, the V70/S60, the V50/C30, Or even an 850 T5 if someone has manual swapped one. I will pay more for an R variant, but I don't think many of those will be in my budget anyway.

I care very little about interior condition, I can fix or replace most of that. If it had good paint then that would be great, but not a dealbreaker if not. I'm not afraid of cars needing work, but it has to be running (or a simple reason for not running, like an alternator, starter, spark plugs, etc.). I can't do any engine out work myself, so a good engine, good clutch, and a good gearbox is all essential. high mileage is a non-issue if everything is still in good working order. I'd prefer relatively unmodified cars, but mods are really OK as long as they don't compromise reliability (for example, a big turbo.) Tunes, intercoolers, exhausts, coilovers, etc. are all things I would do and are fine by me, assuming it's done properly.

And now budget. I'm looking to spend up to $5k. Unfortunately I don't have that much money yet, I'm currently hovering around half that. But I thought I'd post now since a lot of these cars are worth about what I currently have. :)

Thanks for reading, and let me know if you've got anything. I know my budget isn't very high right now, you don't have to tell me. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a manual C30 for sale, but I'm a bit of a ways away from you in IL and at a higher price point...
I saw your ad for the C30! Beautiful car for sure, but a bit too far as you mentioned. but I did spend a few minutes lusting after it the first time I looked here :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I may be looking to sell my 07 s60r in the next few months. I just drove it out to central Texas and it did wonderfully. I haven’t priced the value on it yet, so not positive if it will be in your price range or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may be looking to sell my 07 s60r in the next few months. I just drove it out to central Texas and it did wonderfully. I haven't priced the value on it yet, so not positive if it will be in your price range or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome! Let me know when you'd be looking to sell it. :)

may I ask quickly for some details? Mileage, interior/exterior condition, any recent or upcoming repairs, etc. :) thanks! -Micah

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got an 07 S40, non turbo, 5 speed manual. I'd give you a smokin deal on. I'm in Virginia though.
If it was a turbo, or if you were local, I'd seriously think about it... but I don't really want an S40, and the lack of turbo and distance are big detractors. But hey, hit me with a price and maybe we can talk. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.