SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 90's non-turbo 5-speed 740 or 940 wagon in good shape, preferably with mileage between 80-200k. I have been missing my 940 since I got rid of it 8 years ago and am looking to find one with a manual transmission.
If anyone has one they were thinking of letting go, I would be happy to give it a loving home.

Thanks,

C

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
no such thing as a stock US market 940 manual 5-speed wagon, unless swapped by an owner.
so it leaves you with a modified 940 or a stock 740.
btw, why not get a turbo 740 5 speed? these wagons are so much livelier with a turbo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no such thing as a stock US market 940 manual 5-speed wagon, unless swapped by an owner.
so it leaves you with a modified 940 or a stock 740.
btw, why not get a turbo 740 5 speed? these wagons are so much livelier with a turbo.

Yea I should have stated about the 940 swap(rookie move). If I was mechanically inclined enough to do a swap, I would do it in a heartbeat. Paying to have it done seems out of the question as I'm sure it a lot of labor. It would be nice to have a faster car, but in my mind I associate turbos with more frequent and costly maintenance. If I could afford it, I would have a whole fleet of volvos and at least one would be a turbo. I wouldn't be opposed to one as long as it was meticulously maintained, but it is not my top pick. For my next volvo I think I would be much happier slow rolling grandpa style in a non turbo:D. I have been missing driving a volvo for 8 years now and it is time to drive a car I really love again. I get jealous every time I see a 90's volvo on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts