SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm looking to purchase a 06/07 S60R, so far I've paid for PPIs for 3 different cars in the Southern California area priced $7-12k, each of them were going to need $3-5k maintenance/repair and I'm starting to lose hope of finding a car in good enough condition in my budget range..

Here's what I'm looking for:
2006/2007
Under or ~ $10k
Less than 100k mi
Is well maintained
GT or MT trans
Prefer Nordkap Blue interior, not deal breaker
Prefer heated seats but not deal breaker
Prefer Registered in California but will go farther if the deal is right

If you're aware of or have such a vehicle for sale, please let me know!

I've been scouring the Internet and just thought I'd post here trying to find that right R :) thanks for your time!

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,796 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
The WANTED sub-section is down the page

·
Registered
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking to get rid of my 2006 S60R Titanium Grey, it has everything on your request except I just turned over 100k 5 days ago and I do not live in Colorado. No check engine lights, runs very well. Let me know if you would like pictures or more details.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the links, sorry to the mods for posting in the wrong section! I am looking at that 07 in San Carlos, it looks promising although I do wish it had a few less miles.. As for the 05, although I'm sure that's probably the best maintained s60r in California, I just can't bring myself to get the neutered 04-05 auto transmission.. I know it can be tuned to fix that, but I'm assuming it was put ther to protect the transmission and I don't want to break stuff by taking off the safeguards.. Keep the links coming in case the San Carlos car doesn't pass the PPI! (Fingers crossed!)

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,796 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the one for $12k, the dealer was adamant that the car was completely mechanically maintained and didn't need the PPI.. I ran the PPI, lo and behold, car needs brakes and a new transmission! I am not gonna pay $2-3k ABOVE blue book for a car that needs a tranny replacement!! As for the one in San Diego, that was another option but I really don't like the cream interior.. Thank you though!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And another swing/miss.. PPI came up with all sorts of issues including leaking shocks and front suspension issues.. Still looking..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure did, needs a new transmission, suspension, and all new motor mounts.. Another one that I paid for a PPI on.. At this point I'm about ready to just find a BMW 335x model..

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
What the hell! You have looked at 2 cars with less than 100k on them and they both need new transmissions?? I have 107k your making me nervous. So what were the signs that they needed a new one?

Our transmissions don't normally fail do they?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Out of curiosity, who are you having perform the PPI's on the cars? I'm wondering if they're not familiar with how the R suspension/transmission behaves?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Considering that you are looking at a car close to 10 years old,most rubber components will need replacing
As for the transmissions the 6 speed auto tf80sc are very robust
I'm positive that you will have similar issues with the BMW with similar miles
You just have to find a color Cobo you like and see if it makes practical sense
Good luck and keep looking
Took me 2 years to find the perfect wagon

have you seen this its an 05 m66 with 17K
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/5363051422.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did see that one with 17k but it's the neutered automatic which I don't want even though I know you can tune that out. Picking up an 08 335xi today w/ 50k on the clock.. Just didn't want to wait forever to find the volvo.. Thanks the all the help in my search!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts