SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a badly cracked glass lens, so I'm looking for a new or used passenger side headlight assembly. Also could use a ballast, as I think the current one has gotten pretty wet.

Of course this happened two weeks before the annual safety inspection is needed. If anyone has the parts in the DC area I can pick up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If just your lens is cracked, hit up eurosporttuning.ca They sell the glass for ~$100...

Oh, and good to see another DC Metro R on here!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the lead; I sent them an email.

Still hoping an assembly or lens shows up in the US, and preferably close to DC, as I suspect the 'clearing customs' timeline impact means I will be without my daily driver for at least a week. Also hoping someone has a known, good ballast.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shoot -- after rereading my original post, I see I wrote "new", implying, well, "new". But I am really looking for a used, but still good, passenger-side assembly and ballast.

I got the info on the replacement lenses this morning; unfortunately they only sell them as a pair, for ~$300. I would consider this if someone needs the drivers-side lens, otherwise I will go a few more days trying to find some used parts.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Check these guys out and call to see what they might have.
Eire Volvo

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still striking out, although I have emails in to a few of the dismantlers. All I have so far is the option to buy both left and right lenses; the only assemblies available are new/ OEM (so $900+). Did find a used ballast, but at $199 I'll give the alcohol soak a try first.

I hope to hear back from more of the dismantlers today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pulled the headlight assembly today, and an amazing amount of water was inside (the hole was smaller then 1/8 inch dia). Turned it over and removed the ballast, and there was a pool of rust-discolored water. Many rust spots on the housing and around the connectors.

PM sent to red745ti regarding the ballast. Seem to be a lot of sellers online as well, so I hope to be up and running again by the end of the week.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sweet!! Good thing too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts