SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an 06 or 07 V70R with Nav, open to other options, colors etc. Just want a very clean and reliable driver. Im in so cal but willing to fly/drive or ship for any car that will pass PPI. Cash buyer.

NO accidents or rebuilts. No super modded slick ghetto rides. True purist cars preferred. Tasteful mods are OK to a reasonable extent.

Thanks.

yes im new. message for cell/email. long time Land Rover enthusiast and now subaru and mercedes as well. looking to fill subaru lease gap. this will be wifes daily driver between leases and then become my weekend car.

blacklistedengineering.com

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I would suggest not low balling people. Offering $4,200 on a $10,900 car won't find you many friends around here.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suggest you price your car reasonably. Asking $11,000 for something I can get locally for $8k is not worth my time.

In addition, your ad says best offer. So offering my best offer shouldn't be picked apart in a public forum where I am offering to buy. Keep your fleabay opinion to yourself.

I am willing to buy a V70R for $4-12k. I'll offer what I think is fair and you have the right to decline or accept.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought mine last year for $7k 97,000 miles.
With Nav. Although its an 04. Patience and act fast. These cars rarely stay for sale.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought mine last year for $7k 97,000 miles.
With Nav. Although its an 04. Patience and act fast. These cars rarely stay for sale.
I'd consider an older car, but I really want the HID option and alcantera interior. I don't think those were available pre 06, but I don't know.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
alcantera ??? pricing in so cal is not the same as pricing elsewhere. just saying...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I would suggest you price your car reasonably. Asking $11,000 for something I can get locally for $8k is not worth my time.

In addition, your ad says best offer. So offering my best offer shouldn't be picked apart in a public forum where I am offering to buy. Keep your fleabay opinion to yourself.

I am willing to buy a V70R for $4-12k. I'll offer what I think is fair and you have the right to decline or accept.
I gotcha. Baller on a budget.
And it was of course declined.
Good luck though finding a deal. The VR was a low production vehicle and of those left in good condition with low miles, you will pay a higher price. Mine books at $9500, add the Atacama, new tires and all Stage 0 maintenance done and IPD Stage 1 tune. 10,900 is a not overpriced like you claim. 4K may get you a crashed parts car or one needing $6K in repairs.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
His budget is $4k-$12K.
Why not just ask dealer friends/broker to buy one at the auction and then bring it back to stage 0.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
His budget is $4k-$12K.
Why not just ask dealer friends/broker to buy one at the auction and then bring it back to stage 0.
This is a possibility, but I'm hoping to find a well cared for vehicle. Auction car is hit/miss. I have a local car for $7500 with 100k out of auction. But has non-descript accident in history. I do have it scheduled for PPI this Saturday but I am thinking of canceling because I can't see the car. I'm currently in Europe until Sunday.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen a '04-'07 R vehicle w/ Alcantara. I know it was on the '98-'00 VRs.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Short arms and deep pockets. maybe you should stick with japanese stuff.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Dump the Nav requirement to widen your search. The system is obsolete compared to your smartphone (no voice commands, etc...).

If it's the screen you're after, that can always be retrofitted.

·
Registered
13,988 Posts
I'd consider an older car, but I really want the HID option and alcantera interior. I don't think those were available pre 06, but I don't know.
Xenon lights standard on all R's of this generation. Like the other posters indicated, alcantara was never used in this gen car though I think you mean Atacama.

Mods, this should be moved to the WTB area.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, yes Atacama.

My arms and pockets are fine. Sorry, I don't buy Japanese cars. My wife loves them so we lease them for her.

I drive Land Rover and Mercedes-Benz.

Yes, I'm sorry, please move to Want Ads area.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Looking for an 06 or 07 V70R with Nav,
Just curious why you need nav? I had it on an '05, and it was awful. Tedious to program, very out-dated, and if you would pass up buying a beautiful R car without it vs. just adding a $50 aftermarket one off Amazon, I'd say you crazy son!!!

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The second line that you didn't quote is...

"open to other options, colors etc."

I don't have to have any of these. That's just my starting point and we can be flexible with options. Mileage is probably the biggest factor and if the timing belt has been replaced. Also, not really looking for "modded" cars.

Maybe there are other concerns too that I haven't learned yet.

This would only be my second Volvo, I had an 07 C70 back in 07. It saved our lives but sacrificed itself in the process.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts