SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the scratched and damaged console in my 04, and the 05 console looks nicer in my opinion. Wondering if anyone has a resource where I can find one.

·
Registered
882 Posts
When you say center console do you mean the shifter surround or the section where the cup holders are and such

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
When you say center console do you mean the shifter surround or the section where the cup holders are and such
The console unit is usually sold as one piece that contains both halves that you've mentioned plus the armrest. Here's exactly what I'm looking for, I found this old picture online. I don't need a new armrest, but everything else I have is scratched and beat up.

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
2,125 Posts
If you don't find one and ultimately just want it looking nice and clean, you can always re-dye the hard and soft-touch plastic to their original color, which in the case of an R is black, and shouldn't be too hard to match and ultimately do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Painting the black plastic is not an issue. My console is JACKED UP. The cupholder is smashed in and broken and the shifter trim looks like someone confused it for a scratch off lottery ticket. It needs to be repaired anyway, and paint on deep scratches will never look flat. So if I need to buy a new shifter trim plate and also a new cupholder, I may as well buy the versions of those parts that I want from the 05. My latest idea is to use a console main frame and cupholder from a regular V70 and buy the shifter trim plate from an R. It seems like in the end it will be the same result except with a black cupholder cover instead of the silver, but the black will look fine and it might be actually possible to obtain those parts, and I can keep searching for the R cupholder to complete the authentic look. I just have to determine if the parts are all compatible.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Painting the black plastic is not an issue. My console is JACKED UP. The cupholder is smashed in and broken and the shifter trim looks like someone confused it for a scratch off lottery ticket. It needs to be repaired anyway, and paint on deep scratches will never look flat. So if I need to buy a new shifter trim plate and also a new cupholder, I may as well buy the versions of those parts that I want from the 05. My latest idea is to use a console main frame and cupholder from a regular V70 and buy the shifter trim plate from an R. It seems like in the end it will be the same result except with a black cupholder cover instead of the silver, but the black will look fine and it might be actually possible to obtain those parts, and I can keep searching for the R cupholder to complete the authentic look. I just have to determine if the parts are all compatible.
Cupholder assemblies are easy to take apart too if you can find the silver slidey door in good shape but a messed up cupholder, you can swap the parts

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cupholder assemblies are easy to take apart too if you can find the silver slidey door in good shape but a messed up cupholder, you can swap the parts
I have the 04 console with the flip up cupholder cover, which is smashed apart. That unit could be swapped, but my shifter trim plate is still scratched deeply and the rest of the console still needs major restoration work and after all of that would still look worse and cost more than finding an 05-06 console.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts