SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He has severe head trauma and they are not sure of the outcome. The part of the road where he wrecked is straight. I'm not sure what he was doing other than speeding because the speed limit is 25 and he was obviously going faster. Pray that he makes it!<p><br><A HREF="http://www.rickeystokesnews.com/article.php/update-wpics-1220-single-vehicle-accident-with-entrapment-3241" TARGET="_blank">http://www.rickeystokesnews.co...-3241</A>

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
I hate to be a downer, but if you're driving fast enough to remove the engine from the car and with photos like that...what the hell was he (or she) thinking?

·
Registered
752 Posts
He took a tree to the drivers side door and lived, Im impressed. <p>The engine is designed to fall out (it takes alot of inertia with it), its the people for Alabama that are amazed by such things so they took 20 pictures of it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Re: Wreck where I live involving S40!! (07t5awd)

Umm, that isn't even close to the speed limit. These cars are tested at the Safety Centre at speeds of up to 35 mph into a post like that tree and the car fares WAY better than that one. This kid was EASILY doing twice that. I hope his consequences for driving like that do not cost him his life.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

Those pics are crazy! He had to be flying to get that kind of damage sustained on the side of the car like that. They engineer the S40 to have a super strong side impact resistance and the car still got raped...<br>I hope the guy makes it but it appears it definitely was his fault that he got into this situation.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Re: Wreck where I live involving S40!! (T Schroeder)

I hope ppl see this and slow down .....<p>ill say a prayer

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Re: Wreck where I live involving S40!! (jdsr917)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jdsr917</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>ill say a prayer </TD></TR></TABLE><br>+1

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: Wreck where I live involving S40!! (kpsingh0)

The cabin appears to be relatively in-tact, so maybe the person is okay?

·
Registered
773 Posts

OMG!!!!<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>07t5awd</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Pray that he makes it!<br></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
542 Posts

For an impact that severe I would really think it was well over 70 mph (could be even triple digits depending on how far the parts flew). I am sure the police will investigate and determine speed once they reconstruct the accident scene. I hope he lives and we all learn what can happen from wreckless driving.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Re: (chromecarz00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>chromecarz00</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its said that you cant die in a volvo.<br>Lets hope thats true.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>lets hope so. there was that guy with the wide body kit s40 that had a fatal accident.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (kpsingh0)

Yeah, Tommie. His car was pretty much amazing. Sad story for sure. That is why even though I have a need for speed I don't get crazy with my driving. I'll go do autocross or go to the track if I need some real fun...

·
Registered
222 Posts

The problem is you don't feel the velocity in these cars, i just got back from Budapest and on the M2 i was driving 200km/h with three passengers snooring in the car, when i said how fast i was driving, the back passengers jumped to take a look at the speedometer, they thought i was going 110-120km/h<p>From the pics you can tell that he must have suffered left leg injuries, propably the pelvis is also fractured, if his/her head bounced off the side curtain to hit the seat beside him then you can add head and neck injuries too. <p>Hope he makes it.<p>

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Re: Wreck where I live involving S40!! (sanatarium)

wow. thats a bad wreck. but any high speed impact with a tree isnt going to turn out well for the car or occupants..<br>hope he pulls through.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: Wreck where I live involving S40!! (TWBarrett)

Wow this guy must have been hauling some serious ass, hate to be a prude but what a smartypants. Why do people have to speed like that on the street when there are tracks around the nation.<p>Hope he makes it and doesnt have to learn the hard way with his life. Buddy hit a tree at 90mph with his 02 Jetta and didnt look like that. Side impact is a bit worse than a rear impact though.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Re: Wreck where I live involving S40!! (ForceFed Motorsports)

Man still looking at the pics this guy must have been moving real fast ... Lucky he didn;t hit that house :/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts