·
Registered
386 Posts
reddit.com/r/relationships

also, 400hp stock..........

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
It all depends on if you are prepared to lose to the car, lol.

I love my daughter, but that being said I let no one else drive my car unless I'm having some kind of medical emergency and they need to use it to get me to the hospital, lol. :p

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
The most common type of bad dream that I have, especially after all the work I've put into my R, is that something bad happens to it.

Last one was that I got stuck on some earthen damn that washed away, and to save my own skin I had to run off and let the car disappear downstream. Makes it great to wake up and realize it was all just a bad dream.

Last thing I want to do is meet that which I fear half way, lol. For that reason, if anything bad is going to happen to my R, I want to be the one doing it.

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
awww.. let him drive it.

From your description, sounds like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders. Won't do anything stupid or foolish. Perhaps he'll get sucked into getting a Volvo too by giving him the keys to one of the best cars Volvo has ever made, that's really how I got hooked as well. And if "knock on wood" that he gets into a bad accident, it's likely not his fault and be glad that he was in a Volvo.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
From the way you describe him you're probably fine, but friends have a way of scratching up interiors that trained family does not normally do. Expect your door panels and possibly seat bottoms to look like crap when you get the car back.

I remember borrowing my mom's car back in the 80's and having friends start a tickle fight in the back seat. They flailed so much that one of them extended a leg between the seats and kicked the shifter into neutral. I was really lucky they didn't kick it into reverse as we were doing 50 down a busy street at the time.

·
Registered
438 Posts
It depends - did you want that teenage kid back?

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
I remember borrowing my mom's car back in the 80's and having friends start a tickle fight in the back seat. They flailed so much that one of them extended a leg between the seats and kicked the shifter into neutral. I was really lucky they didn't kick it into reverse as we were doing 50 down a busy street at the time.
I've had permanent foot marks in the headliner of previous cars from similar circumstances, lol.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I would just like to say that your threads are very entertaining.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
I would just like to say that your threads are very entertaining.
Here here.

I'm an engineering student and I drive a VR (by choice! Volvo. For. Life)... Best car ever! For you no 3rd pedal means no sweat in traffic. Actually it's the perfect car for road tripping (except down 684)... However I always bring a tool box, laptop, and DICE with me.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I would like to get this guy's opinion on the question posed in the subject of this thread.

I actually have his phone number, but I don't think he's too interested in talking to me anymore.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I wouldn't let my son ( if i had one ) drive the R for such a trip. MAYBE to go to the store not far but even that would bother me, the r is a special car and i'm pretty excited everytime i get on it. I'm 22 and i can tell you that if i was still a teenager i would probably give the car some gas to test the power etc... every kid does that no exception even if your child is soft.

You have balls.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
i think you should be more worried about him hurting himself on the mountain since they don't have much snow and everything will be packed and icy. I understand the R is your dream car but it's also just a volvo. I was guilty of being over protective of mine but i would let my friends drive it cause it's just a car. Recently i decided to let my best friend drive my GT3RS. He owns a super charged vette and has had numerous sports cars. That was a cringe inducing ride! In a car that costs a lot of money every slight shifting mistake or slip of the clutch is cause for a tear to be shed. No longer will i let my friends drive her. For a volvo, where parts are cheap and numerous i'd say let the boy have fun!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
For those of you that aren't too familiar with PDW's threads and posts, enjoy em while you can, as they (more than likely) wont be up for long;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts