SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I think it was bad timing, he probably wanted to get the car up to speed in order to hear the drilling sound but idk if he had already tried that earlier in the video.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Wait a second. You just posted in another thread that your car had to go back to the dealer several times to diagnose a noise that only happened above 5,000 rpm, since they weren't hammering on it enough to make the noise. And now you're claiming that the tech abused your car when he did floor it and take it over some bumps, presumably in an attempt to duplicate the noise and/or confirm that the problem was fixed?

What should you do? Be thankful that you had a thorough tech, and be glad that the noise is fixed IMHO.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That does not constitute abuse of a vehicle, especially considering the nature of your complaint.

·
Registered
13,991 Posts
No.

What have your other visits to the dealer been for?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the feedback. I expected them to floor the vehicle.... On a highway on ramp. I would never do that to a vehicle over railroad tracks. Especially when there are highways all around the dealership.

·
Registered
13,991 Posts
Hard to tell from the video but the railroad crossing doesn't seem that rough.

You should talk to the service manager as it obviously bothers you.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
No, you have suspension for a reason... You should see how Volvo test their suspension set-ups, they place the car on what looks like a big car lift like one in a mechanic's garage, only with individual "platforms" for each tire and they move randomly and very severely to replicate driving on a dirt road at 50 mph FOR DAYS WITHOUT REST. Not to mention actually driving the cars at 50 mph through Volvo's own test track (the unpaved section) which is in one of Sweden's forests. I don't think he meant to harm the car, and he obviously didn't.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
And besides! Those railroad tracks had the metal covers to make it Uber smooth!!!! You have NOTHING to worry about!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just FYI- my car does the same thing when I floor it. I noticed it a few weeks back, and today I had to accelerate very hard to get onto the highway- floored it.... my girlfriend was with me and said, "your car sounds so angry!"

So please keep us updated with what happens to your car. I think it might be the T5 making normal noise, but if there is a larger issue we should all know about it :)

Also, I wouldn't worry about the RR tracks, in NYC I've driven over far worse and my car is still ok.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The noise was a poorly constructed section of the air intake system. It was manufactured too thin. At high RPM's it would oscilate and cause the noise/ vibration.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
The noise was a poorly constructed section of the air intake system. It was manufactured too thin. At high RPM's it would oscilate and cause the noise/ vibration.
I knew it.
Just kidding ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts