SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best way to find out about an auto is to check out their forum sites... didn't expect to find such an active forum for Volvo's! Props on all the awesome autos! Here are the facts:

Scenario: Buying a second car, but most likely will be used more than my primary. Moving from German sedans to an SUV. I am looking for something that is as good in the city and can go out and feel confident on hills/mountain-side.

Auto: Stumbled across a 2011 Volvo XC60 T6 R Design w/ 90k on the clock and service records (never more than 6k miles; avg 4k miles between service)

Looking for info: What have you guys seen as these vehicles move past 90k? For all those auto experts in the mix, how confident can you be while this vehicle starts moving into the 6 figure mileage count? Price seems decent at $19k.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yup! This is my 3rd Volvo. I've had this exact same model you are inquiring about for about 14month. Purchased at 150,000kms, now 193,000kms. Had an issue last year with ignition that cost me $1500, but other than that, I really like this vehicle.

·
Banned
763 Posts
There aren't many people on this forum with more than 100k on their XC60s, which makes it hard to gauge longevity (I personally don't trust a vehicle until I've seen multiple reports of it being driven past 200k).

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I know there is some commonality between xc60 and s60 but on this topic I don't know how much. Drive train might be same between them.

You could ask over in the s60 2011+ forum to see if they have any info. There are more s60s out there than xc60. Just look at the activity on their forum, 10x what we have here.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I would strongly suggest, if purchasing second hand, to find one with an active extended warranty or one you can buy an extended warranty for. It is a sophisticated/complex European vehicle with many electronic and electro-mechanical systems on board, and thus prone to drain your disposable funds. I'm sure you are familiar having owned/suffered other Euro cars. ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Best way to find out about an auto is to check out their forum sites... didn't expect to find such an active forum for Volvo's! Props on all the awesome autos! Here are the facts:

Scenario: Buying a second car, but most likely will be used more than my primary. Moving from German sedans to an SUV. I am looking for something that is as good in the city and can go out and feel confident on hills/mountain-side.

Auto: Stumbled across a 2011 Volvo XC60 T6 R Design w/ 90k on the clock and service records (never more than 6k miles; avg 4k miles between service)

Looking for info: What have you guys seen as these vehicles move past 90k? For all those auto experts in the mix, how confident can you be while this vehicle starts moving into the 6 figure mileage count? Price seems decent at $19k.
No idea about how high mileage examples do, but we had a 2011 R design and it was trouble free for 4 years. Handled well, felt almost car like, decent power (less than currently). Negs were the transmission not always being quick to shift, and ours was an early model that did not have the Sensus screen or bluetooth streaming for audio. It's always a gamble when you get to high mileage on a Euro vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts