SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...Sorry, I tried to edit the title, but was unsuccessful.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/9006-LED

Description
1 x Hi Power 5 Watt Cree LEDs. 60 degree viewing angle. 335 Lumens

These Fog Light bulbs are for color matching purposes only. Will not provide adequate light on ground due to differences in focal points of LEDs and original halogen bulbs.
$12.50ea

I'd like to have a brighter whiter set of DRL's as opposed to the ugly yellow stock DRL's. Would these work? Or should I go with HID's?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Your DRL's are yellow? That is odd...Mine are white halogen. At least, that is what it looks like.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
First, you need a 9006xs (straight base) not a standard 9006 bulb (angled base).

Second, those LED bulbs will probably trigger a warning message on the driver's display, because I suspect that they don't draw enough power.

My recommendation would be to just buy a set of 5000k or 6000k (color temperature) halogen bulbs with the correct 9006xs base. That will give you the white/blue-white look I assume you're looking for.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Soup!

First, you need a 9006xs (straight base) not a standard 9006 bulb (angled base).

Second, those LED bulbs will probably trigger a warning message on the driver's display, because I suspect that they don't draw enough power.

My recommendation would be to just buy a set of 5000k or 6000k (color temperature) halogen bulbs with the correct 9006xs base. That will give you the white/blue-white look I assume you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
You can probably force them to fit, it sorta fit with the regular angled 9006 bulb. As soups mentioned, the LEDs won't pull as much amperage, and would trigger a bulb out message on the dash. I've seen some makeshift bulb out cancellers that utilize massive resistors. I know those actually get quite hot.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Just got to watch what kind of wattage bulb you put in there. I looked up one kind on here that had some pretty good reviews on it. I forgot what the name of them is. (If anyone knows feel free to chime in) But I think I might of bought a 55watt bulb and it melted the connector on the driver side headlamp. I disabled the DRLs since that happened. Now that I learned that you can have the DRLs on while the tail lamps being off, I might just want to fix the connector buy new bulbs and activate the DRLs again. Does anyone know what the correct wattage would be? And what would probably be the best bulb to put in there? Maybe HIDs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts