SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the momentum black grill though I feel the chrome diagonal strip takes away from the beauty of the black grill. Imagine just the Volvo sign floating on the background of the black grill. Anyone know how easy it would be to remove the chrome diagonal strip? I know its a subtle change but it seems to make a big difference to the look.
I've edited some pics to show what I'm talking about and you can see the links below-hopefully you're able to see the pics.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you ask me, the diagonal stripe is as much a part of the Volvo branding as the logo itself....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, yes, its veering away from the pureness of the branding. No offence to any die hard fans out there :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have to agree, the Volvo logo's uniqueness is the lack of typical symmetry. However, I find that a slash, although not symmetrical, somehow is complete, like the slash of a sword.

If you ask me, the diagonal stripe is as much a part of the Volvo branding as the logo itself....

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

+1

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Im not into it. I'd rather black out the whole thing or black out the logo itself and leave the slash. I love the slash! I can't look too hard at modern grills without getting depressed though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the diagonal has grown on me. very unique and sort of like a 'whoopah! in your face!'
see it more as a slash than just as a diagonal stripe, definitely adding to the aggressive look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree. The slash is what makes the Volvo logo. It looks weird without it, at least for this car. If I did black out the slash, i would black out the chrome surround too. But leave the logo. Plastidip is easy, looks good, and easily removable. Lots of DIY online.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You want some feedback? Thanks for asking! Your idea is a terrible one, and your edited photos look like crap. That said, feel free to deface your car any way you choose.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha thank you all for your honest input. Thankfully I have come around and see the light/slash.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you really wanted to do it on the cheap, and totally reversible, put some black electrical tape on the slash. But having said that, I am a slash person!

·
Registered
673 Posts
If you really wanted to do it on the cheap, and totally reversible, put some black electrical tape on the slash. But having said that, I am a slash person!
I'm more of an Eddie Van Halen kind of guy, but Slash isn't bad .... ;)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The sadistic serial killer drives a Land Rover Discovery in the Swedish movie of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo' and a Range Rover Sport in the Hollywood remake. Is that very BAD product placement by Land Rover or very GOOD product placement by one of their competitors, Volvo perhaps?

·
Registered
559 Posts
The sadistic serial killer drives a Land Rover Discovery in the Swedish movie of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo' and a Range Rover Sport in the Hollywood remake. Is that very BAD product placement by Land Rover or very GOOD product placement by one of their competitors, Volvo perhaps?
LOL. Volvo for safety. Land Rover for serial killers.

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
all publicity is good publicity

except what VW is getting lately

1 - 19 of 19 Posts