SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm hoping some of you won't mind helping me out with some info on a 2007 S80. I am looking to purchase a new (used) vehicle and this is one option. It has the 3.2 engine, 145,000 miles (many highway), it's in excellent condition, both interior and exterior - no rust, kept in a garage - and the owner has all of the service records. It's been meticulously maintained. Last "big" thing to be done were the brakes. It will need two new tires, but that's about it. Owner told me the high beam lights are sometimes intermittent; other than that, no issues. Owner has the specially made winter floormats in the car.

Everyone I know is saying "no" to getting this car (for price of $5200) because of the cost of repairs and ease of finding parts. Given that no "bigger ticket" repairs have been done, I am a little concerned that I'll be having to repair/replace a number of parts over the next how-long.

So, for those of you with more experience than I re. Volvo's, if you don't mind sharing:
1) What are the most likely "big" repairs I will need to make in the next year and some, if I bought the vehicle;
2) do you agree re. repair cost and parts issue? and
3) do you think this is a decent price/value for the car -- i.e. is it worth it?

I really appreciate any insights. Thanks so much! chris

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The 150K mile service is a big one on '07 S80. It's serpentine belt replacement (with coupler, tensioner and idler pulley), water pump might be a good idea at that point because there's some labor overlap. Also spark plug replacement, filters (engine and cabin), brake fluid flush and oil change. A shop will charge about 7 hours or so for this service + parts.

The P3 chassis cars (this S80 is that chassis) are pretty good. I would recommend a pre purchase inspection and a healthy "just in case" repair budget.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts