SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a huge vibration issue and have been thin king about changing the tires.
I look at the 255 and also consider a little bit more meat to make it less prone to bending.
Just had my wheels straitened and without hitting any major bump I am getting the vibrations back with the pirellis

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am curious as well if anyone has mounted an all season tire on the 21" rim? The only tires I can find that might fit are 255/40/r21.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I am having a huge vibration issue and have been thin king about changing the tires.
I look at the 255 and also consider a little bit more meat to make it less prone to bending.
Just had my wheels straitened and without hitting any major bump I am getting the vibrations back with the pirellis
I did some checkups on that earlier this year when I bought my 21" rims and tried to decide what tires I should go for.
My conclusion was that no 255/30/21 tires had the correct load index. I'm not sure how much a difference for example 93x vs 96x would do in real life but I didn't want to gamble on that and settled for 245/35/21 (Pirelli P-Zero) which are the same spec the OEM 21" has.

In hindsight, would I change anything? Maybe I would've dug deeper into the load index thing and possibly swap for 255/30 instead. A friend of mine has the new V60 with 21" equipped with 255/30 which actually looks better than mine. My rims are 9" (no OEM) while OEM are 8.5" so I have quite a stretch on them = gives the illusion that the wheels/fender ratio is a bit off and would benefit of a small spacer. Worth nothing is that he is a mechanic at Volvo as well so if he dares to do it, I would'nt hesitate. Sure the load index for the V60 could be different to the V90...

·
Registered
549 Posts
You should be fine with 98 vs the standard 100. Wider should look nicer too.

If it fits, I'd personally go with 275s, the aggressiveness a wider tire gives is soooo good! Look at the 275/35/21, it is 28.5" in diameter vs 28.6" of standard 21" tire size and it matches the load index. Assuming 275s fit in the wheel wells.

·
3,899 Posts
I am curious as well if anyone has mounted an all season tire on the 21" rim? The only tires I can find that might fit are 255/40/r21.
I have been looking at running an all season on my S7, the only one they make is the P7 which is ok at best. I'm probably going to wind up sticking with my Summer 21 and winter 19 setup.

Pirelli makes the P7 in 275/35/21, only one I know of.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered 255/35/21 from Michelin.
I will report how they will look and drive.
I am having shaking problems with my OEM pirellis and thats why I am searching for new tires

1 - 8 of 8 Posts