SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in the process of specing a V60 or V60CC for OSD spring 2020. We will carry two bikes on the roof with Thule factory load bars and two Thule Tandem 559 fork mounted carriers. Total weight about 110 lbs. Would the 4c system reduce body sway in wind or abrupt maneuvers? Would the sports suspension for a fraction of the cost improve the standard suspension without the expense and variable reliability of the 4C? Can anyone with experience with roof loads comment or relate their experience that might help us decide what will be best? We expect to do a lot of traveling with the bikes on the roof.
Thanks...
Mike

·
Super Moderator
39,274 Posts
We are in the process of specing a V60 or V60CC for OSD spring 2020. We will carry two bikes on the roof with Thule factory load bars and two Thule Tandem 559 fork mounted carriers. Total weight about 110 lbs. Would the 4c system reduce body sway in wind or abrupt maneuvers? Would the sports suspension for a fraction of the cost improve the standard suspension without the expense and variable reliability of the 4C? Can anyone with experience with roof loads comment or relate their experience that might help us decide what will be best? We expect to do a lot of traveling with the bikes on the roof.
Thanks...
Mike
Mike,
The 4C suspension will not help any body sway or improve handling due to the weight of the bikes and equipment (after all, 110 lbs is a negligible weight as far as affecting the handling of the car).

Extra height of bikes will not affect your handling in a way that the 4C can help you.

Where 4C will excel is that it takes input from many sensors around the car, takes into cos duration throttle input, car leaning etc and enhances the car’s behavior: in sport mode, it will stiffen the shocks and give you a firmer ride and almost eliminate unnecessary body roll.

Would I pay and add this option? For sure (see my signature) but not because I carry bikes and equipment; I would add it to enhance my driving experience in different road settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,
The 4C suspension will not help any body sway or improve handling due to the weight of the bikes and equipment (after all, 110 lbs is a negligible weight as far as affecting the handling of the car).

Extra height of bikes will not affect your handling in a way that the 4C can help you.

Where 4C will excel is that it takes input from many sensors around the car, takes into cos duration throttle input, car leaning etc and enhances the car’s behavior: in sport mode, it will stiffen the shocks and give you a firmer ride and almost eliminate unnecessary body roll.

Would I pay and add this option? For sure (see my signature) but not because I carry bikes and equipment; I would add it to enhance my driving experience in different road settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your comments and observations, Grecian. Looking forward to your posting on your new s60 with the 4C option in the future.
Cheers...

·
Super Moderator
39,274 Posts
Thanks for your comments and observations, Grecian. Looking forward to your posting on your new s60 with the 4C option in the future.
Cheers...
:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts