SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
I will also say my car is usually butter smooth from my quick detailer but now every panel, especially the front door (not the one that was repaired) all feel like rough sandpaper. What's the deal with that? Clear coat overspray maybe?
Clearcoat overspray most likely. I just got my car back and it had the same thing - a quick clay bar treatment takes care of that.

·
Registered
2005 V70, 2016 V60
284 Posts
A little thread drift- I read some colors on some cars CANNOT be touched up, the only way to get consistent colors is paint the entire car.
Then you get uneven fading. I had an old red car that had the front half resprayed at one time prior to my ownership. It looked great up to about 150K, by 250K the front half was bright red and the back half faded red.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Brother. I know you feel my pain(T).
I thought the same. But what do you think really happened as a guess? They weren't transparent at all about what the heck they did. To me it looks like they just redid a layer of clear coat and possibly did paint because colors look uneven.

I will also say my car is usually butter smooth from my quick detailer but now every panel, especially the front door (not the one that was repaired) all feel like rough sandpaper. What's the deal with that? Clear coat overspray maybe?
AHHH the more you tell me the worse it gets, yes that is overspray :( But my best guess is they didn't prep it properly and have poor painters at their "shop" prep work is HUGE and even if you're the best painter in the world bad prep + bad finish... the color looking uneven could be them using the paint code for your car instead of color matching it like a proper body shop SHOULD do... its very unfortunate to hear this:/ I would honestly try to get a refund because it seems like they wont be able to help

21 - 23 of 23 Posts