SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Worst I've seen. This is a lease.. whatever the outcome (they say the resprayed) tomorrow when picking it back up, will be sure to keep a proper paper trail for lease return issues. Any other suggestions on how to get this done right. Wasn't using insurance for this repair.
It looks like they didn't inspect the paint work and polish it after spraying the clear coat. I've seen that a few times after some body work and I've had the same reaction as you. In my case they just took the car back and 20 min later bring it back out with all of those imperfections gone. It seems like they're making it to be much more than it actually is by having you come back tomorrow. I'm pretty sure they're not re-painting it. You may have felt better/differently if they just fixed it in a few minutes rather than make you wait overnight. As for the color match, if that's really off (hard to tell in the photos) then yeah that's a different issue all together where they either didn't mix the colorants (is yours Crystal White?). Not sure if that's the case since it probably has different hues based on lighting.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Oh man that looks like they're still cutting corners and did not remove trim to properly mask and spray, or that when removing the masks they peeled up the fresh paint along the edges. That's more than annoying that they couldn't deliver on a redo. Strange in looking over your first pass photos I was able to notice some spots where they didn't cover enough - it didn't look like it was a mis match, it was more of the same.

As for assurances that this won't impact your lease end costs, the reality is your XC90 had body work done. There's no getting around it. At the end of the term the dealer processing the return or bank could look it up and find that it's had body work done no matter how well it's hidden be a quality job or not.

If there's an upside it's that at least they can't argue it wasn't done to "Volvo's Standard" no matter how badly the work was done :LOL: given they passed that shop/dealer with their certification "seal of approval".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts