SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the updated US Configurator for the Inscription XC90 and absoultely love the Swedish Wool options. I should hope this moves to the other Volvo models soon. Leather is not exclusive to high end luxury by any means. Kudos Volvo for taking this next step.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just saw the updated US Configurator for the Inscription XC90 and absoultely love the Swedish Wool options. I should hope this moves to the other Volvo models soon. Leather is not exclusive to high end luxury by any means. Kudos Volvo for taking this next step.
Wool???
Where did you see that?
My wife is allergic to wool. :nono:
She said Wool????

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think the have 2 shades one lighter and a darker slate. I'm debating the leather or wool myself. Leather is so easy to clean, although the wool will probably last longer.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I think the have 2 shades one lighter and a darker slate. I'm debating the leather or wool myself. Leather is so easy to clean, although the wool will probably last longer.
​...and not freezing cold in the winter and blistering hot in the summer. Lets hope other manufacturers pick up on this. There was a Voice of Volvo questionnaire about this earlier this summer and they asked specifically about Swedish Wool. I had no frame of reference so couldn't answer the survey. They asked about other 'plant' based fabrics as well.​ Lets hope we see some other options soon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Are ventilated seats available with the new wool seats?

·
Registered
894 Posts
How would you slide across the seat like leather? Any fabric you can't. Sorry, looks like seat material from a Pinto. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
How would you slide across the seat like leather? Any fabric you can't. Sorry, looks like seat material from a Pinto. :thumbdown:
On some nylon-like fabric you can slide relatively easily.
Another turn-off of fabric seat is the static electrical shock... :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hmm, is the configurator not 'complete' yet or did they delete the luxury package (massage seats, nubuck headliner etc.). I can't imagine they did...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm, is the configurator not 'complete' yet or did they delete the luxury package (massage seats, nubuck headliner etc.). I can't imagine they did...
The configurator for the XC90 has been going back and forth between 2019 and 2020. I notice this for most models when Volvo makes changes in model years. I've seen Thunder Grey XC90s at my local dealership for over a month but that color didn't get updated on the build site until last week I think. I believe its just a process for Volvo staff as they work on getting all of the changes loaded. I'm sure the massage seats will re-appear on the configurator any time now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The configurator for the XC90 has been going back and forth between 2019 and 2020. I notice this for most models when Volvo makes changes in model years. I've seen Thunder Grey XC90s at my local dealership for over a month but that color didn't get updated on the build site until last week I think. I believe its just a process for Volvo staff as they work on getting all of the changes loaded. I'm sure the massage seats will re-appear on the configurator any time now.
Thanks!

I noticed that the package shows up on the configurator for the T8 so it's safe to say it's still there. It really looks like a work in progress right now. There are also a few accessories that aren't listed yet.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hard pass. My ventilated amber nappa leather looks outstanding, and is the main thing people comment on when they get inside.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Wool is a strange option in the Western world, but it is considered a better option than leather unless you have kids because it is warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer and you don't slide in the seat.

The Toyota Century, a $180,000 car only sold in Japan, uses wool as the ultimate luxury.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
What would be especially great is if Volvo brought their Blonde City Weave or better yet, some cool Pasha, Pepita or tartan interiors in wool, like the classic Porsche upholsteries. Pepita (houndstooth) would be fantastic! They would make amazing R-Design interior alternatives to Alcantara.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts