SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered a a Cosmos Blue/Sand Leather T5. This despite that I was somewhat disapointed by the dash. Consequently, I am looking at a woodtrim kit.

Has anyone put these kits in their S60 and can I see some pictures to get a feel of how it would look....

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Val,
I ordered a T5 through the TDS program. With a lot of arm twisting, I was able to get the woodtrim kit as a $200 option. (It is listed as an option, but not normally for the T5). If you're not going through TDS though, you're probably out of luck.

Having said that, here outside of DC there is a great interior restoration shop ("AN's" - an old Korean guy) who can make anything look like the factory did it. If you can find someone with that skill in Toronto, you're in luck. The do-it-yourself stick-on kits look like junk.

·
Registered
69 Posts
wow, it's amazing how different peoples tastes can be, isn't it?

the pseudo-wood trim in the T5 is in itself one of the biggest single factors keeping me out of that car,... i think it looks terribly cheap, and i wish it were an option that i could have deleted! the Saab 9-3 ragtop that i'm driving now has that stuff on the dash, and i hate it,... but i try to ignore it. (that car has other charms that somewhat overshadow the dash,...)
we're not in the early 1900s anymore, and i don't feel that wood has any place in a car like this... especially *fake* wood!

although i'd prefer the T5 built for me without (tacky) trim, i could tolerate a metallic finish, or i'd even settle for having it be the (easily scratched) "Piano Black", like in my SE.

it's a real pity, because i like so many other things about the T5, it would be near or at the top of my list to replace my 40,... but i may have to settle for a 2.4T, or wait for the promised 'R'.

if only it weren't for that 'wood-like' stuff!

cheers!
e

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.