SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so heres my question,

I recently purchased my new (to me) 2005 S60r, and began to wonder about how many were made.
It has the magic blue exterior paint, and the atacama interior color

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
898 Posts
No idea the exact numbers but let me tell you that you have a very rare combination of an already uncommon car. Is it m66 too?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea the exact numbers but let me tell you that you have a very rare combination of an already uncommon car. Is it m66 too?
M66 referring to what? (sorry, im a newbie in the volvos still)

·
Registered
898 Posts
M66 referring to what? (sorry, im a newbie in the volvos still)
Alls good, is the car a manual? That's what m66 is in Volvo-speak. Haha

·
Registered
898 Posts
Oh haha, and yeah its a 6-speed manual transmission.
Then trust me your car is very rare! Maybe 3800 R's made it to the USA in 2004, each year that number declined by like 20-25% from what I remember reading. The amount of manuals even less and in that color combo? I wouldn't be surprised if there were less than 25 in the country in all honesty. I can count on one hand how many manual, magic blue/atacama S60Rs I've seen for sale/on forums and that's two, including yours.

That's just a guess though, maybe someone else can chime in with more numbers for you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then trust me you're car is very rare! Maybe 3800 R's made it to the USA in 2004, each year that number declined by like 20-25% from what I remember reading. The amount of manuals even less and in that color combo? I wouldn't be surprised if there were less than 25 in the country in all honesty. I can count on one hand how many manual, magic blue/atacama S60Rs I've seen for sale/on forums and that's two, including yours.

That's just a guess though, maybe someone else can chime in with more numbers for you.[/QUOT

Wow, didnt realize it was that few, but thanks for the help! :p

·
Registered
829 Posts
If it is as rare as the M66 Atacama Sonics, it is very very rare. I think there was 9 2006 Sonic Atacama M66 R's delivered to the US.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it is as rare as the M66 Atacama Sonics, it is very very rare. I think there was 9 2006 Sonic Atacama M66 R's delivered to the US.
Thats what im not sure haha, I have seen a couple posts about the sonics, but not many about the magic blue ones, which made me curious.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Magic Blue + Atacama + M66… whoot shoot! :cool:

Regarding production numbers, I encourage you to search and or peruse the R forum. There are quite a few threads documenting the numbers.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I know two local's with that combo:

First one is an 07 VR MT. Second one is an 06 SR MT :)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I know two local's with that combo:

First one is an 07 VR MT. Second one is an 06 SR MT :)
That 07 VR MT magicama has got to be single digit production!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
same like our car btw. 9 Sonic/Nordkap w M66 2006..
Mine's one of the (relatively) many electric silver 06 M66 VRs. It's dipped sonic now, so I guess I brought the number into double digits. Sorry, guys! :p

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
same like our car btw. 9 Sonic/Nordkap w M66 2006..
Kirill, is that 100% confirmed!?

Sweet, that would mean Frank's Sonic is part of that 9 and since his has Nav it might be a lone wolf (unlikely but maybe) :)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
07 V70 R with a M66 is a rare bird itself!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Kirill, is that 100% confirmed!?

Sweet, that would mean Frank's Sonic is part of that 9 and since his has Nav it might be a lone wolf (unlikely but maybe) :)
I have a email from Volvo NA saying:

".. According to Volvo Sweden 's records, 823 V70 "R" models were imported into the US for the 2006 model year. Out of the 823, 28 were built with your car's color combination (Sonic/Nordcap).

Out of the 28 vehicles, 9 were manual transmissions."

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have a email from Volvo NA.
Sweet! Can you forward that to me if possible to [email protected] :)

I'll share it with Frank :) People always ask us at shows the rarity of Sonic VR's and my answer has been there's no more than 10 in North America based on a guess from what I've seen. Looks like I was very close!

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts