SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
No surprise, at all...
Yea probably 90% of S40's are driven by women (from what I have seen)... Volvo doesn't scream "manly" lol

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
:)I like it......but then again so does my wife:confused:

:beer:

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
Fine by me, if women are more attracted to our cars than *****s.

As I stated in another post, the only thing I don't like is that a lot of guys think that I shouldn't be driving an S40 because I'm a guy.

Excuse me for my ignorance, but we're not allowed to say "rice r"? I thought it just meant the boy racers with cars that are out of Fast and Furious..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
As I stated in another post, the only thing I don't like is that a lot of guys think that I shouldn't be driving an S40 because I'm a guy.
Same thing here. I took some crap from a Camaro passenger the other day, I couldn't hear what he said specifcally, but I think I caught Volvo and Twilight come out of his mouth. Couldn't do anything about it either because there was a cop at the opposite light. The thing that really irks me: It was a v6 automatic RS edition (i.e. has some cute stickers and different wheels). Guy thought he was tough sh**, all I could do it shake my head and go back to listening to A7X.

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
I would have followed them and put them in their place. The T5 can beat most stock V6s that are in larger cars. The S40 is relatively a small little thing, despite the weight of the Volvo frame.

Cool thing from the Dragon, everyone had a T5. So the moment one person stepped on it, we all did. It made for a pretty even line up and some fun showing off.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I would have followed them and put them in their place. The T5 can beat most stock V6s that are in larger cars. The S40 is relatively a small little thing, despite the weight of the Volvo frame.

Cool thing from the Dragon, everyone had a T5. So the moment one person stepped on it, we all did. It made for a pretty even line up and some fun showing off.
She ain't that heavy, at 3084-3144lbs we're right around WRX weight of the same year. I think we're pushing a couple more ponies than them too.

Dragon?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
You know when the car was first being developed, the space behind the floating console was called a purse holder? And that the interior was mostly designed by a woman?

·
Registered
176 Posts
To me this actually did come as a surprise... I would have never thought the S40 as a woman´s car. With the V50 I´d say its quite the opposite. While I always get comments about how good my wagon looks and how practical and useful it is, its 100% of the time from Men. My ex-gf didn´t care about my V50 and my 3 sisters in law all totally despise the V50.

Down here its CUVs that women love. They call the wagons "mariachi" cars here in Mexico. And despite women´s rejection of wagons, the only wagon sold here in Mexico (the Golf Sportwagen) is targeted towards "women" and families... when all the ones I see driving around have bike racks on the roof top, meaning its sports guys and mainly cyclists like myself are the ones that love these vehicles for its ease to put our bikes on the top, and the great space on the cargo area for the wheels and cycling gear.

The "girliest" vehicle around here is probably the Honda CRV, the beetle and the Mazda Cx-7.

In the end, I don´t care, I think its great that women appreciate a great car like the S40, its a compliment to Volvo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts