SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Rollers,

Heading into the dealer tomorrow to have some annoying items resolved since delivery on June 11th.

1. Slight hazy residue (2ft2) on the driver's door that will not come off, tried isopropyl alcohol, WD-40 and Liquid Glass to no avail.

2. Driver's seat (beige) is shedding color from the leather at the edge of the center front of the seat cushion (essentially located where your two legs meet up front, if you get my drift, think taint).

3. Installing chrome tips (IOU from delivery).

4. Sirius cuts out under an open sky,channel locks up and can't rotate through stations. Sensus freezes for no apparent reason. Do I smell Sensus 3.0? Wish me luck on this one.

So...... what is the likelihood Volvo will:

1. Replace the drivers seat, scale of 1-10, 1 being no way.
2. Sensus update to 3.0?

Thanks in advance,

Happy 4th of July!:beer:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had a similar issue with scuffing of the side of my Beechwood driver seat. I think that if you let them know ahead of time, there's a good chance you'll get new driver seat bottom leather. And I think you will be rockin' out to the new Sensus 3.0 soon. Happy rolling!

·
Registered
301 Posts
the seat- 5
sensus-8

we have been doing the sensus updates on lots of cars.

we have not replaced one seat bottom yet....

we had a couple of seats re-dyed

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ben,

The color fastness on the seats must be a QC issue from the supplier. The car has 600 miles on it and its getting more noticeable each day.

From your experience, was it only the seat bottoms or are other areas showing premature wear?

And no, I don't have a fat a** or wear a tool belt in the car. :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Bet the dealer takes pictures of the seat and sends them to Volvo for a second opinion. Bottom line: I would not expect a seat fix after your 1st trip

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah,

I've already prepared myself for multiple trips.

Like you said, the first is for photo documentation, send it to VCNA, wait for a decision and bring it back again for a fix.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thursday Update:

1. They balked at the hazy film on the drivers door and pawned it off to adhesive residue from the shipping plastic. SA told me to let it bake it the sun, which will volatilize the residual adhesive over time and it will go away. BS or fact, need input here?

2. Volvo will order a new seat leather for installation at a date TBD. Re-dying will not solve the problem and they insisted on replacing the skin. My SA indicated that mine was the first car to show this type of wear on the seat at my dealership. Very pleased with their resolution.

3. Chrome tips, done.

4. Updated software to some version of Sensus 2.0, not 3.0 as I had prayed......damn. I could tell they fiddled with the software because all my FM presets were gone and nav memory was lost. Maybe my VIN isn't eligible for 3.0. If someone could verify this, my curiosity would appreciate it. I'll send the VIN once someone volunteers.

Thanks in advance fellow Rollers, I appreciate the support!

Oh yeah, installed the R-Design rear diffuser today and it looks great. Thanks VIVA for the prompt delivery during the holiday week!! :)

I'll attach some pictures, once I figure that out.........:(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took a picture of my R-Design rear diffuser I installed today.

Complements Saville Grey and the rear spoiler very well. :thumbup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Took a picture of my R-Design rear diffuser I installed today.

Complements Saville Grey and the rear spoiler very well. :thumbup:

Nice, I did the same thing with my car, the R-Design diffuser (along with spoiler) REALLY makes the rear end POP! Such a nice, simple way to enhance the look!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts